• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Visions of Hell

i don't really want software or the books that go with the software, i just want the books for the computers and hardware.

MystikShadows said:
http://webpages.charter.net/shent449/comphell/PDRM0124.JPG

What's that C=64 in? what's that black case type thing? (even if it's gone already I still want to know cause I'm curious ;-)

Still have the Commie thinggy (it's brown actually, just looks black in the picture). I was told that it was used as a PS terminal (minus the cash drawer) at one time. It's still for sale, make me an offer.

--T

Billz said:
i don't really want software or the books that go with the software, i just want the books for the computers and hardware.

By "software," do you mean operating systems too, or just apps? I mean, would you be interested in a TRSDOS or Xenix manual, f'rinstance?

--T

ok, i only really want stuff from the 60's, 70's and mid-eighties. Also let me know how much it will cost altogether including shipping.
Thanks,
Billz

MystikShadows said:
What's that C=64 in? what's that black case type thing?
Probably just an encasing so you could put your monitor on top of it? Maybe there is some expansion inside, Terry could tell. I'm using a simple wooden shelf my brother once made, to put the monitor above the computer.

carlsson said:
MystikShadows said:
What's that C=64 in? what's that black case type thing?
Probably just an encasing so you could put your monitor on top of it? Maybe there is some expansion inside, Terry could tell. I'm using a simple wooden shelf my brother once made, to put the monitor above the computer.

I'm not sure what it's supposed to be. Whoever dropped it off said it had been used as a POS terminal, but I can't swear to it. I don't have the keys, but peeking thru the cracks reveals nothing inside except the wiring & power supplies for the C=64 & drives. I'm thinking it must be a security thing, intended to enclose the disk drives to prevent removal of the floppies by unauthorized personel.

--T

The odd looking commodore case is just that a case/stand no drives inside it was used in schools and libraries to keep people from stealing the c64's by making them large and bulky thats why the lock.

katey

Heh. If Katey's message had been posted in the yearly comp.sys.cbm vs comp.sys.sinclair flame war, some people on the Sinclair side would've said that the Commode 64 was bulky and not worth stealing in the first place. :wink:

It reminds me of a web page a few years ago. Someone had emptied an old PC, filled it with concrete (but not visibly) and put outside to see if it would be stolen. I think it was taken away, but only a few hundred feet if even that.

I've never had any qualms about setting computer stuff out to the curb, because very little of what I set out actually goes to the landfill. Most of the time it is picked up by "recyclers" long before the trashman gets to it.
I even used to make the rounds of several computer stores every couple-three days for some very productive "dumpster diving". I'd pick up '486 and low-end Pentium systems, and donate them to underpriviledged families. There was also a place that would buy used VGA monitors, so I could pick them up from a dumpster on one side of town, drive to the other side of town and re-sell them for bout $20.00 apiece. Quite a little racket, while it lasted. (Unfortunately, both of those computer stores disappeared after Gateway built a new "SuperStore"-type thinggy in our town).

--T

I see you have a ton of apple ]['s
I am looking for a apple ][ or ][ + to get the keyboard from it.
Have one that has a keyboard that's in good condition?

sperry univac

sperry univac

Do you have some sperry univac stuff ?
for example parts of UTS serie terminal ?
In fact i search actually a vintage terminal like Sperry Univac UTS40 or Digital VT100 or Tectronix 4010.
What's exactly still available in your collection about vintage terminal or terminal-computer from 70' and with rs-232 ?

Back