• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Berlusconi, Napoleon and Jesus

carlsson

Veteran Member
Italy will have elections to the parliament in April. The prime minister Silvio Berlusconi opened the campaign with a speech including this quote (double translated citation):

-"I am the Jesus Christ of Italian politics. A patient victim. I put up with everything and sacrifice myself for everyone."

A few days ago, he compared himself to Napoleon. His political opponents got a foul taste about his comparisons, and someone commented that God and the Holy Mother probably didn't want Berlusconi as part of their family. In Italian, it is a popular saying to be a "poor Christ", so he built his saying on that.

I don't know if this fits best in Political Discussions or Humor. Personally, I laughed when I read about it, and found it fitting with the overall character this person is attributed by the media.

I'm just a lowly American...whatdahell do I know about Mouselini, Marconi, Macaroni, or any of those other characters? I have enough trouble keeping track of our own politicians...

--T

Terry Yager said:
I have enough trouble keeping track of our own politicians...

--T

We call them "crooks"

Just the other day our Vice President accidently Shot one of his friends on a hunting trip. This is what we have to put up with........

-V

vlad said:
Just the other day our Vice President accidently Shot one of his friends on a hunting trip. This is what we have to put up with........

-V

You can bet that the gun control nutz are gonna have a field day with that one. Ghawd only knows what they're gonna try to outlaw next. Shotguns...? Birdshot...?

--T

The gun grabbers won't have a problem with this one. After all, it was a Republican who was shot. ;)

E

yep

yep

Quite right, it's great.

If all of the gun psychos off each other, then there will be none of them left to complain about losing their 18th century "rights".

Gotta keep King George and them injuns at bay.

The gun grabbers won't have a problem with this one. After all, it was a Republican who was shot. Wink

I'm all in favor of shooting rich old Republicans.

Seriously, it could happen to anybody. Anybody who has the connections to be on a hunting trip with rich friends at a ranch in Texas known as a retreat for movers and shakers.

But seriously, it was an accident. If it didn't happen to Cheney, it wouldn't be news. But at least we're going to get some good jokes on late night television out of this.

I read something about Cheney and Whittington didn't have a valid license for bird hunting, but on another forum someone from the US said he hadn't heard about that detail. There were rumours of alcohol too, and Cheney admitted to have had one (1) beer before the hunt, but didn't drown his sorrows until after the accident.

OTOH, a politician who compares himself to Napoleon may opt for stronger arms than birdshot when he goes out. :wink:

"Quite right, it's great.

If all of the gun psychos off each other, then there will be none of them left to complain about losing their 18th century "rights".

Gotta keep King George and them injuns at bay."

Ummm, and how many other amendments to the constitution should be relegated to the 18th century along with the right to bear arms? I have loads of faith in the wisdom and foresite of our Founding Fathers. The issues they responded to are as relevant today as they were then. The basic nature of man doesn't change. Neither have tyrants been abolished from the earth. I think people who think like you are *mentally* living in a more ignorant time period.
Funny, the liberals complain about such rights. But when they've been successful at weakening the fabric of society to the point where a hostile nation takes over, they (the intelligentsia, dope smokers, homosexuals LOL) are usually the first ones up against the wall. Something to think about...

I think that when the framers used the words 'millitia' and 'arms' in the same sentence, they prob'ly weren't referring to hunting weapons. Not to mention thier references to such concepts as 'protection of a free state' and 'the right of the people'...

--T

Anybody here wonder why the rich want to spend millions of their own money to get a job that pays penuts? Also who was the last politician to win an office in government that didn't have 2-5x the money when they left then when they started.

All politicians are crooks, the higher up you go the more crooked you need to be.

"I think that when the framers used the words 'millitia' and 'arms' in the same sentence, they prob'ly weren't referring to hunting weapons. Not to mention thier references to such concepts as 'protection of a free state' and 'the right of the people'..."

First off, I'm not a hunter. I don't like hunting, generally despise people who do it, and basically the terms "hunter" and "red neck idiot" are largely synonymous in my book. And it's discouraging to me personally, someone who's ardent about defending the 2nd Amendment (though I don't and never have been a member of the NRA), to see that many of the people inclined to also defend it are doing it for the wrong reasons (in my humble opinion). The essence of what I was saying was that the Constitution, which ain't no friggin "living breathing document", is perpetually under attack by those who'd love to see us revert to some other form of government, to their own hurt. One needs to study the reasons why the Framer's built such things into it in such a rigid framework.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to KEEP and BEAR Arms, shall not be infringed."

Ok, so once it's established a weapon is used for hunting, your forfeit that right?

"I think people who think like you are *mentally* living in a more ignorant time period."

I didn't mean to get nasty there. That must sound worse then I meant it. Oops. Me sorry.

Saw a great bumper sticker today on an older Saturn ..

"Too poor for a tax break"

Back