• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Storm

Vlad

Dateline and other Major news shows are focusing on Missouri, I would like to point out that there was just as much damage here in Illinois. It went just south of me, but still caused major damage. My thoughts and prayers are with the families who have lost their homes and loved ones, no matter where they are.

-Vlad

Isn't it late in season for storms? Anyhow, it is not a storm big enough to get media coverage over here, unlike all the hurricanes last fall.

On Saturday there was a 6.8 Richter earthquake in the northern part of Japan, about 250 km from Tokyo. 31 dead, 3400 injured, 100.000 evacuated. Yesterday there was a new quake in the same place, "only" 6.1 resulting in no deaths but another 20 injured and 1000 evacuated.

The disasters in my apartment are limited to the water has been shut off due to a leakage. Not life-threatening, but a bit annoying. :)

Isn't this all part of a media Conspiracy - to simply cover the evidence which surrounds the Weather. Sure Earthquarkes are a big thing - I really do wonder if places like San Francisco have constant reports in their news about even the smaller stuff - or is it simply another day another quake?

In the land of the Wizard we don't get explainations about why the weather is the way it is - they just report it & nothing further (if it's real bad stuff) happens with it. It really is a hot debate to argue what it could be - cause nothing is really conclusive about Global Warming is occurning from Human Activity - or if it's some phase the Earth is going through, etc. Perhaps their right in not getting involved perhaps in something they don't understand! ;-)

CP/M User.

As far as I know the USA does conduct weather control experiments. In Tennessee, there is a place called Oak Ridge that did some a few years back. And here at White Sands there's stuff going on, too(contrails/chemtrails). I agree with CP/M user, we should not mess with it. I can't find the picture, but there's a pic floating around of two huge, round 'holes' in the overcast sky that appear unnatural, right over Oak Ridge. People who wander around there by mistake get chased out by men in black suits, so the stories go.

I don't know if we're *not* affecting the weather. Stupid humans.

Way off topic, but The Oak Ridge Facility was part of the Manhatten Project that made the Plutonium and Uranium for the Atomic Bombs we used aginst Japan. So was White Sands and one other. It remains WELL protected to this very day as a Government R&D facility.

Anyway what I WAS TRYING TO SAY was that a Tornado a half a mile wide tore through 2 states and destroyed 6-7 cities. I was just stating this horrible event should not go over looked due to the people who lost everything they owned in less than one minute. In Illinois, our Govener has delcared 7 entire counties disaster areas due to the fact that many of these cities have just ceased to exsist...... Whats with the stuff about the Governmet controlling weather? They tried that, it doesint work. Thats a discussion for another thread. Besides, I tracked this storm along with our ESDA agency, warm unstable air from Mexico collided with Cold Canada air and caused a good old fashioned Severe Theunderstorm that spawn a deadly HALF A MILE WIDE Tornado that killed many people and made a few cities drop off the map. Thats what this was about. I never ment it to turn into a discussion, just a statement that our toughts and prayers were with these people as they try to find out what their going to do now that they lost literally everything in less than a minute.....

-V

Last edited:
I could've had a sip from the toilet, but despite the recent scientific reports from fast food chains, I'd rather thaw ice cubes. I could also drink vinegar, concentrated juice or something strong alcoholic, which would be the other types of drinkable liquids I have at home.

Vineger would be--eww. The concentrated juice would have been kind of intresting, and the alcoholic drinks would have certinly made things more intresting. Although, it would be a step in the wrong direction....

-V

P.S.

Yes, I know. Don't say it. In another twist of Irony, I gripe about people being off topic, then less than 10 minutes later, go way off topic. Ah well.....

vlad wrote:

> Besides, I tracked this storm along with our ESDA
> agency, warm unstable air from Mexico collided with
> Cold Canada air and caused a good old fashioned
> Severe Theunderstorm that spawn a deadly HALF A MILE
> WIDE Tornado that killed many people and made a few
> cities drop off the map. Thats what this was about. I
> never ment it to turn into a discussion, just a
> statement that our toughts and prayers were with
> these people as they try to find out what their going
> to do now that they lost literally everything in less
> than a minute.....

Sorry, I got sidetracked and was responding to carlsson's
post.

Yes, I must admit you were a bit lucky with the Storm going
South - just terrible for those who lost homes.

You know the saying that when a butterfly flaps her wings on one side of the planet may cause a storm on the other side? Maybe when I was out of water for a few hours will cause a flood somewhere else in the world? ;-)

I never would have looked at it that way.... I could only wonder what would happen if you lost power.......

-V

carlsson wrote:

> You know the saying that when a butterfly flaps her
> wings on one side of the planet may cause a storm on
> the other side? Maybe when I was out of water for a
> few hours will cause a flood somewhere else in the
> world? ;-)

That sounds like that kind of thing would happen if the Earth
was going through some Magnetic Shift. Don't believe what
Hollywood would telly you - to them citys would literally
disappear (e.g. Atlantis!). Bit like the Snowball effect -
starts small & arrives large at it's destination.

CP/M User.

Back