• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New member with a vintage computer fetish

THB

Hi Guys,

New around here, just found the forum via a google search for some info on an Atari STe I will be picking up soon.

A bit about myself: I kept my original Amiga 1000 and have used it over the years for gaming and general mucking around. A couple of years ago I picked up another A1000, then an A500 and another A500 and another...

It kept going until I ended up with a collection of 2 A1000s, 5 A500s, 1 A2000, 1 A1200 + 030 Accellerator, 2 CDTVs, CD32, Atari XEGS, 2 CPC464s, 3 C64s, a VIC20, a MacLCII and a 486 IBM thinkpad... :rolleyes:

That is not counting the numerous consoles I have... ;)

I also have 2 GP32s and a GP2X which are great handheld consoles that emulate many of the machines mentioned above.

Anyways, I look forward to reading the forums and asking advice on repairing and upgrading some of my machines.

Ataris will do that to you. Altho I had an XT clone first, I acquired a couple of Atari STfs which, since they were big with the music industry, really caught me.

I started innocently enough, but then broadened to collecting Ataris when I acquired a couple of 130XEs (like baby STs). Soon enough I was collecting "Home" computers in general and then it simply exploded. I had became a full-blown computer "junkie".

I have most of the early Atari line including a Mega-4 but still don't have one of the STe's. My favorite 8-bit Atari's are still the 130XE as well as the XEGS. My main Amiga is a 3000 and favorite Commidore an 128DLC.

Strangely enough I found my greatest joy in discovering some new computer and then learning how it works and fixing, upgrading it. I tend to be a fickle lover and once I discover it's secrets tend to leave it unused.

When you have a multitude of computers it tends to be like a harem and you concentrate on your favorites or the newcomers. Welcome to the list.

Lawrence

Micom 2000 said:
Strangely enough I found my greatest joy in discovering some new computer and then learning how it works and fixing, upgrading it. I tend to be a fickle lover and once I discover it's secrets tend to leave it unused.

When you have a multitude of computers it tends to be like a harem and you concentrate on your favorites or the newcomers. Welcome to the list.

Lawrence

Me too!

--T

Back