• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Latest Additions !

RickCB

Well, I have just added a few items to my collection: an Acorn RISCPC (StrongARM Processor), Amstrad PPC512 Portable PC, Amstrad NC200 and an Amsrrad 1512!! Now I just need to find somewhere to keep it all!

Terry Yager said:
Storage vs accessibility is always a dillema...

--T

We are moving into our new house in three-four weeks. I have always planned on using the third garage as my "geekroom". I had it insulated and air conditioned, there is plenty of power available (the main power panels for the house are located there), and plenty of available bandwidth. I had both network, phone and DSS feed to hook up to the Mac TV. I'm trying to decide what kind of floor surface to install. I can just coat the floor with epoxy garage paint, tile it or even look at some textured rubber flooring similar to the old Pirelli flooring. But I'm drifting off my topic. I though that the 200 square ft of the garage would be enough space. I just had a "moment of clarity" as the old alcholics say. I have come to the realization that I will always have an off site mini-warehouse for overflow storage. It's unavoidable.

At least the local storage facility is only three or four blocks from my new house.

Check out Race Deck flooring systems. If you can afford it, it's about the best.

CostCo has a nice snap-together garage floor as well.

Enjoy the new digs!

I'm more inclined towards the epoxy-thinggy, ever since I saw the miracle it worked on my floor over on Palmetto street. You couldn't move a creeper, jack, cherry-picker, etc. more than a few inches before because of all the cracks/heaving. After I treated it, the surface was as smooth as glass! It's a PITA to use, but well worth the effort.

--T

Last edited:
One of my up-coming 'Spring-cleaning' projects will be to attempt to consolidate my three mini-storage units into two, or better yet (please, Jebus!), only one.

--T

Back