• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

We are the n00b. Prepare to read this thread. Resistance is futile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

atari2600a

Veteran Member
Hey! I'm new here (though I've known Erik for about 3 years via email). I'm basically just some 15 year old computer collector (You can visit my website by the link in my signature; coded completely by myself, no FrontPage or DreamWeaver crap!). Please, if you're gonna give me any crap about my age, don't post it. (I've taken alot of crap online before about this)

If you're bored to the X7R3M3, you can visit my MySpace profile at:

http://www.myspace.com/atari2600a

Hey atari2600a, maybe you should save the anger for when it is necessary?
Nobody here is going to jar ya about your age, we were all fifteen once.
That site is tight...lol...rhymes.
Glad to see you joined. And your eloquence in posting is appreciated as well.
You got a nice start to your collection, you will soon be knee deep in them..lol...trust me, you start with five or ten, then twenty, then you can't walk. But you know, it is worth it.
Everyone here is nice, I think you will enjoy it here.
If you get bored, you can check my site out..lol, in my sig.
Hehe, yes, Data rules...

Welcome aboard fella.

I concur, Data does rule. He was designed to exceed human capabilities. (someday, I shall create a techno/trance/hip-hop song about Data)

Nice site, by the way! Has that nice monochrome-orange LCD look.

not a bad site.

You have some nice handhelds and anyone who'd skip a bunch of old pentiums to save a Mac is cool in my book. The Game Boy ,aside from the screen cover issue you mentioned, doesn't look too bad at all. you can find replacement covers online, Same goes for the Nomad ( most bad ass handheld ever). One really cool Game Boy you might want to hunt down is the Game Boy Light. Its a B\W Game Boy with an Indiglo Screen. They're quite rare and were only sold in Japan, but , like all handhelds, theres no region lock on them so you can play any region games on it. I found one and it quickly became my primary Game Boy for Monochrome games. Battery life was 20 hours unlit, 12 hours lit.

OH NO YOU DID NOT JUST ASSUME I LACKED KNOWLEDGE OF THE GB LIGHT! (Ah, I like to joke around like that.)

Well if I ever do get an import system, my first would most likely be a FamiCom. (& not one of those crappy black market ones that you can get at a local flea market or a Longs Drugs)

Nomads are teh awesome, I still have mine in nice condition, and my original gameboy is nearly mint. I haven't had time to make a page for my game systems. I remember when I was younger I tried to build an android. Used a r/c truck with a rubbermaid box attached to the stems and voice recog software with onboard 486 board and portable 3" sharp lcd tv to display info. Used the serial port to control direction, and he talked on command..lol I programmed him to answer yes when asked if he were stupid. I need to try that again, I think I still have everything...maybe not though, I can't find anything anymore. The commands had to be pre programmed foot by foot, so to do one task, it took a lot of commands. He could play wavs and midis, mp3 were too compressed for a 50MHz 486 to run correctly. He had a drink holder, so I could send a drink somewhere after 10 or twelve lines of commands. Called him bleep.

Last edited:
Bleep? If you want it to enter the 21st century, I'd call it B133P. (but, then again, this is the Vintage-Computer forums...)

I don't really like playing my Nomad, because
1. It's rare & valuble (though I bought mine off a friend for $20)
2. The LCD sucks (& I think it's worn/burnt in)
3. I can only play it while it's plugged in. The rechargable battery pack that came with it is burnt out, & It's not standard rechargable AA's in it, it's like those shorter cordless phone batteries. The batteries probobly aren't even the problem, it might be a dead capacitor or resistor or something)

I would like to hack one of those crappy built-in-games genesis controllers they sell at electronic stores though & turn it into a portable unit, but those crappy controller things are too expensive! I once tried this with a Genesis 3, but I lost the motherboard into the abyss known as my closet. If I attempt this again, I'll need to find a good display.

I know a guy named Benjamin Heckendorn that did this. His URL is http://www.benheck.com/

I have a AA pack clip for my nomad, but the batteries(E2s, six of em) only last 45 minutes. Bleep was the shiznat though. Won first place science fair prize in 7th grade(year 2000).

> We are the n00b. Prepare to read this thread.
> Resistance is futile!

Prepare to be assumulated?!? ya, ya. heard that one before.
Capt. Kirk would have whipped a Borg anyday (minus the
uniform! ;-)

CP/M User.

I'm surprised the great parody of Microsoft confronting the Borg hasn't appeared in the humor column. To me it's one of the best examples of computer humor. The other one was the list of excuses if MS$ was GM, a big auto manufacturer. The first time I saw it was on a BBS in the early 90s. While I'm sure I retained both of them on one or 2 computers, it isn't on any of my latest ones. The MS-Borg confrontation was on some bizarre ALT site out of New York the first time I saw it. Anyone want to post them on the Humor section, if only for archival values ?

Lawrence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back