• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Ibm Pc

tgo2002

This is the original dual floppy PC, not an XT. (It has the cassette port on the back!) I bought it new in 1986, so it was probably one of the later ones made. It came with an AST 640K six-pack and Samsung monitor. It got a lot of use for about six years, and it still works great now. Currently it boots DOS 5 from a Plus 20Mb Hard Card, has EGA color, and a V20 chip in place of the 8088. I don't want to toss such an incredible machine into the trash, but I'm moving soon. I'm in southern New England, so let me know if you are interested. I'm not looking to get rich, but I would appreciate something more than $0.

This includes:

IBM PC with V20, EGA card and Plus 20Mb Hard Card installed.
Magnavox EGA monitor
Samsung mono (green) monitor and Hercules clone graphics card
Original 8088 chip in a static-proof bag (probably could be reinstalled)
Original boxes
Original documentation

Here's one photo of the inside. I can provide more photos on request:

5483.jpg

Other stuff probably no one is interested in (but you never know):

Migent 300 baud Pocket Modem, used it with the PC to dial into bulletin boards (remember those?)

I have an NEC dual-floppy laptop that connects directly to the IBM PC via a special cable. (That's what the gigantic connector on the back of the PC is for.) The NEC's screen is burnt out, but it does boot and it provides two 720Kb floppy drives for use by the PC. So maybe I should just call it an "external drive unit."

Star Powertype daisywheel printer, extra print wheels (mid 80's)
HP long flatbed scanner with SCSI interface (early '90's)
Gateway 133 Mhz Pentium running Windows 98 (includes internal Zip drive)
Gateway monitor
Dell 133 Mhz Pentium running Windows 98
Zip drive (SCSI, no click of death) and a few dozen 100Mb disks
Lantastic installation package with two network cards and connecting cable
Misc SCSI, VGA, Etherlink, modem cards (ISA and PCMCIA)
HP 2x CD burner, connects to parallel port as I recall...
And other stuff that I need to clean out before I move.

Ehm.. whats a serial port?

Oh.. and come think of it when I read 'This is the original dual floppy PC, not an XT', what's a cassette port? Am I missing it, because indeed the machine only has 5 ISA slots, not 7?

It IS a lovely machine!

I wish I had a way of finding such a FH 360K floppy drive- then I would have another working XT.

Hi:

I could use the zip drive and disks.

Do you have a PCMCIA SCSI card too?

I'm in MA, by the way...

I'm interested in it, and a few other items, but I doubt that I can afford to ship the monitors. What would shipping be to 08223?

Well, maybe we could get together on the zip drive and disks. Do you want to email me and let me know where you are?

tgunner said:
I'm interested in it, and a few other items, but I doubt that I can afford to ship the monitors. What would shipping be to 08223?

I have to weigh and measure the box, but if it's about 70 lbs. the UPS supposedly would be approximately $30. I'm not sure if the keyboard box will fit inside the CPU box (it didn't come that way), so it might have to be shipped separate. I know it would be about 10 lbs. so figure another $12 for that. Let me know if you are still interested and I'll come up with the exact numbers.

Nec

Nec

bbcmicro said:
hey, tgo2002,
What did you use with the NEC? laplink?
Just curious,

BBCmicro

I might be exposing my ignorance here but I think it was connected through the Centronics port. Definitely not Laplink.

The NEC is a Multispeed, by the way. Not sure why they called it that since the only speed is "slow."

Yeah, I'm definitely interested, after just reading a book about the history of Microsoft, I've been wanting one of these early PC's. I would like the keyboard, and the system, but as I said, I am worried about the price of shipping the monitor/s. I would probably only want one, but as I said, it all depends on shipping. I don't know how these boxes your talking about work, are they the original IBM's or something? I would rather not spend more than $40-50 at the moment, so let me know.

if he doesn't take the monitor, or anything else, I too am interested. Can you believe, except for parts, and yeah I probably could put a whole one tugetha, I never owned a complete IBM PC!

Boxes

Boxes

I'm still trying to de-clutter my basement and didn't get to weighing and measuring the boxes last night. Tonight....:D

The CPU and the documentation go in one box. The keyboard, which weighs 6 lbs. by itself, has its own box. I might be able to fit the keyboard in the CPU box if that's an issue, but I haven't tried. And of course each monitor has its own box. These are all original boxes.

Alright, I see. Is there a chance of like, putting the things with their boxes into one large box? Do you have a picture of the Samsung monitor?

I like it, but shipping costs are the #1 problem. If this was right in front of me at like a yard sale, I would take EVERYTHING! Just doesn't work that way with 100+ pound computer lots at a distance.

More info

More info

The CPU box is a bit lighter than I thought, "only" 45 lbs. The keyboard will not fit inside that box, and I don't have a bigger box.

The mono card is an AST Preview. The mono monitor is a Samsung MD-1254G 12" green screen. Box weighs 20 lbs.

The EGA monitor is a Magnavox CM9043 13". Box weighs 30 lbs.

I have posted some additional photos at:

http://www.eaglephoto.net/275newport/pc.html

what shipper are you guys going with? FedEx is usually a much better deal then UPS. I punched in 60 lbs., 24" x 24" x 24" from St. Louis, MO, to me, New Jersey, and it was about $27. The fewer the packages the better of course. The difference between the 20 lb. Samsung, and the 30 lb. Mag doesn't seem like it would cost that much extra. Just my opinion.

Back