• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Okay, I've had it. . .

Yep, it's $160 for the vBulletin software with a year's worth of support and updates. There's a fee at the end of the year to continue that. . . probably about $40 or so.

Erik, i've said it before, and i'll say it again.
Thank You for Keeping this site ad-free!

If you ever need some help with money or something, just put up a donation tab, and I will help out.

alexkerhead said:
Erik, i've said it before, and i'll say it again.
Thank You for Keeping this site ad-free!

You're welcome! :)

alexkerhead said:
If you ever need some help with money or something, just put up a donation tab, and I will help out.

Well, I do need help cleaning the garage. . . ;)

Seriously, I'm about to list a few more items before they go to eBay. Another bare S-100 chasis, a Franklin Ace 1200 (still looking for docs and disks) and an Apple ///. The latter two are working. The S-100 chassis probably needs some work and certainly some cleaning.

I've still got another S-100 box, some S-100 proto cards and a couple of clone PCs (8088 and 286) out there. . .

I'm trying to give the community first crack, but I really do need the space!

Terry Yager said:
I have some Franklin documentation I can send you, mebbe even a bootdisk if I can find one.

I appreciate the offer but I have both docs and disks - I just have to get to them.

Picture "Computer Hell" with fewer shelves and more stacking. . . :)

How much for the Apple /// Erik?

By the way, I have an ACTUAL computer hell! It's in my shed, & the door to it's open year-round! Imagine about 10 trashed-up Pentium PC's exposed to rain & extreme heat, an early IBM PC clone w/ a monochrome monitor on the floor (Though not exposed to rain) upside down, & some other sh!t I have yet to identify.

Erik, Is your hell at least as organized as your closet? (Where your magazines are)?

atari2600a said:
How much for the Apple /// Erik?

I'm thinking it's going to be $100 + shipping when I get it posted. I just checked eBay and that's less than what bare systems w/o monitors or SW are selling for.

atari2600a said:
Erik, Is your hell at least as organized as your closet? (Where your magazines are)?

It's getting there. . . slowly. :)

alexkerhead wrote:

> Erik, i've said it before, and i'll say it again.
> Thank You for Keeping this site ad-free!

Must confess - my site has those issues, but it's a free
website. The beauty I found with it though, was on an Apple
Mac based computer - you don't get any of that! :-D
The rest of the inner workings for my site works a beaut
though! :-D
I was thinking of moving it though (well the images bit) - but
a few people have that site address - any suggestions how I
could go a redirect?

> If you ever need some help with money or something,
> just put up a donation tab, and I will help out.

Yeah, I've been wonderning about that myself, and wondered if
I should do something along those lines - I see it perhaps
down the track in case I need more space.

CP/M User.

A website redirect is easy... just stick the following in your header tags:

<meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=http://www.yourdomain.com/index.html">

This would be an immediate redirect, changing the 0 sets the delay, so changing it to 5 would delay 5 seconds.

dongfeng wrote:

> A website redirect is easy... just stick the
> following in your header tags:

Code:
<meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=http://www.yourdomain.com/index.html">

> This would be an immediate redirect, changing the 0
> sets the delay, so changing it to 5 would delay 5
> seconds.

Cheers, I'll see if I can easily adopt this into my current
system.

CP/M User.

Well it doesn't sound like much is wrong w/ them, I mean 1 just has a disorted screen image & won't read from the HD (It probobly just needs a small amount of WD-40), 1 doesn't power up (Could be anything from a loose wire to a blown fuse in the PSU etc...), & I don't think Erik said what's wrong w/ the black-painted one he has...

Never ever use WD-40 as a lubricant. WD stands for 'Water Displacer' .. it's a fairly terribly lubricant as it dies up quickly.

Back