• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Byte Magazines

Erik

Site Administrator
Staff member
I've got fair number of extra issues of Byte Magazine available for the claiming.

Included in the mess are mostly scattered issues from the early 80s but there are a few newer and a handfull older including this nice copy of issue #2.

To be honest that one is in the best condition with the rest showing some wear, although none are too bad. A couple have a bit of writing on them, but none are too far gone to use and most are pretty clean.

These are free plus the cost of shipping, but the caveat is that you have to take them all.

Ideally you'll just drive by and let me dump them in your trunk, but. . . ;)

bytes.jpg

Let me know if you want a complete accounting of the issues.

Eh, nevermind:D , because

1) I woudn't have no place to put them, & they wouldn't survive
2) I barely have any money, side $140 I'm saving to buy a Nintendo Wii...:D

tgunner said:
What about Media Mail?

Per the Post Office:

Media Mail® service is a cost efficient way to mail books, sound recordings, recorded video tapes, printed music, and recorded computer-readable media (such as CDs, DVDs, and diskettes). Media Mail can not contain advertising except for incidental announcements of books. The maximum weight for Media Mail is 70 lbs.

These magazines do contain advertising even though the Altair kits, used ASR33s and SWTPC gear aren't currently sold in stores. . .

But the Post Office doesn't know that and, frankly, they don't care. Like all bureaucrats they follow the rules regardless of what they say. If I could slip a rule into the postal code that every letter carrier coming to my address had to put his head up his own ass I guarantee you that I'd have a bunch of asphyxiated carriers lying around my front lawn.

Beyond that they are a testy bunch and they have the right to inspect Media Mail packages and they exercise that right regularly. . . I've had several packages inspected recently including some from folks on this very forum.

So, when it comes right down to it, the extra $20 is probably worth it for the hassle saved especially since odds are that you'd have to pay the parcel rate anyway.

BTW, the estimated cost of getting these from coast to coast is about $25 Media rate and $45 parcel post.

I'd take them too if nobody else has. If you end up sending me the Apple III you could send them all together.

I would love to get mye hands on those Byte mags.
The shipping to Norway will probably be quite expensive though.
You still got those mags?

Back