• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

ho....ha....ha...<-----very dopey <-----what do you want?

Had a friend in college (mid 1980s) who was from Iran. Since the hostage crisis was still fresh in everyone's mind, he told those who asked that he was from Persia. He showed me how to write my name in Farsi (phonetically), it was done right to left then.

Can't think of who it was now, but one of the early cultures alternated left to right and right to left on each line. Kinda like plowing a field. Hmm...might be fairly easy to learn to read, but it would sure make computers difficult.

Isn't Hebrew right to left?

Kent

Is it Arabic or Hebrew (or both?) that marks vowels with dots above the consonants, and once the dots are lost, the script becomes almost impossible to read?

For Chinese, it used to be written top to bottom, right to left (following the ancient method of writing on bamboo). Most "everyday" Chinese is written horizontally left-to-right but a lot of books (fiction, etc) are written in the traditional way :)

GLOSS said:

mr.dongfeng.......

If I told you what is my primary language..

in all forums.. the members don’t help me :rolleyes: ..

Sorry I can't…

No!

don't worry~

your language is not a problem!

so do not worry about that!~

80sFreak said:
lachen.gif

ROFLOL!!

Cheers,

80sFreak

i laugh me too
lachen.gif

hhhhhhhhhhh

carlsson said:
But what do I know, maybe modern Arabic is written left to right for some practical reasons? I know Chinese used to be written from top to bottom, but many newspapers now write from left to right (maybe due to how the word processing software is written).

what is modern Arabic ??

the arabic language is written right to left..

like this ..

WELCOME

مرحبا

you are fun person :cool:

Last edited:
I thought maybe standardized computer programs had made people start to write in the other direction. Thanks to Unicode, about all writing systems should be possible to represent on modern computers, and then only the text direction and other special details would differ between making e.g. Microsoft Word in English, Swedish, Russian, Arabic, Chinese or Klingon.

alexkerhead said:
قلسس, ي أم قلد وإنفرم يأ تهت وي هري أت فنتقي-سمبتر.سم وإلل وإفريتهنق إن أر بووإر وأندرستند يأ, أند تهس إس ا قرت لنققي سنفرتر ي أسي.

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~yahussai/A_E/translate.html

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

what is this ..

hhhhhhhhhhh

i think .. you wrote english and the web site doesn`t right translate it for Arabic.
if you wrote : a , it write the opposite letter in arabic

that marks vowels with dots above the consonants, and once the dots are lost, the script becomes almost impossible to read
hhhh

like this

Västerås

hhhhh

do not rage.

i tee-hee with you

dongfeng

No!

don't worry~

your language is not a problem!

so do not worry about that!~

thank you ..

my sir

i can`t forget your hlep for me.......

for ever

Trying to understand....

Trying to understand....

GLOSS said:

i laugh me too
lachen.gif

hhhhhhhhhhh

What do the string of h's mean?

Cheers,

80sFreak

P.S. And on a side note... What do you do? If work, what type of job do you do. If school, what type of classes are you taking?

GLOSS said:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

what is this ..

hhhhhhhhhhh

i think .. you wrote english and the web site doesn`t right translate it for Arabic.
if you wrote : a , it write the opposite letter in arabic
oh, lol, pardon me. ^_^

I believe that the strings of h's are representing laughter.

GLOSS - This is a more accepted way: haha or hehe.

For many internet users, these are the favorites:

LOL - Laughing Out Loud - or - ROFL - Rolling On Floor Laughing

Back