• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Changing boot logo on Win2k

Just got it working! If I'm right, I think PS reserves 1 color for transparency, so setting it to 15 colors did the trick! I can't wait to apply it to the kernel!

EDIT: Bam!
nesboot.bmp

(Press F5 if it looks the same...)

Last edited:
Hmm, why an 8-bit Nintendo? Looking at your username, I thought you would put the Win 2k thing across an Atari 2600? Just a observation....

-VK

atari2600a said:
I believe my website awnsers that question. Trust me, I've tried looking for the awnser to the above question. (my question, that is..)

Yeah, you've got some pictures posted. But here is why I ask.

You have something like 429 posts since you joined in May. It works out to over 10 posts per day. I'll bet that if were to reread your collected works here, that fewer than 20 messages provided any meaningful content on vintage computers, which is why we are here in the first place.

You post about your Celeron not being fast enough. You spend time changing your boot logo on your W2K machine. You don't even bother to open a machine up and get the model numbers of floppy drives before asking here if they are double density or high density. You talk about hacking, etc. The mouth keeps moving on and on .. and most of it is either off topic, or contributes nothing to the dicussions on vintage machines.

So I ask? Do you really have an interest in vintage machines? Maybe you are more of a customizer and would be better off hanging out with the crowd that does extreme overclocking, kernel hacking, etc.

atari2600a said:
I think PS reserves 1 color for transparency
Dunno which version of Photoshop you're using, but the one I got has a checkbox for transparency when you convert from RGB to indexed colour.

Back