• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I found a new hobby

nah it's too mind boggling to stay caught up. Her's one of the posts:

Simple solution(Score:4, Insightful)
by Anonymous Coward on Thursday July 06, @02:29PM (#15668983)
A simple solution involves solving these spelling problems around the world. It's a simple, six letter word.

It's called SCHOOL.

NO...not SKEWELL (you got to say it foist, then yule be able to spellz it riyt). Woddle make the difference is HOEmWIRC. See, I'm living prufe. I ullwaes dids AWL muh hoemwirc. It payd off big tyme tue.

Is it good?

I started a 'A Brief History of Time' yesterday. I think is a dumbed down book. I can understand most of it. Im up to the bit about singularites (best part so far!)

bbcmicro said:
I started a 'A Brief History of Time' yesterday. I think is a dumbed down book. I can understand most of it. Im up to the bit about singularites (best part so far!)

It isn't dumbed down so much as it's written in layman's terms. Most of Hawking's other works don't do that.

bbcmicro said:
Is it good?

Indeed it is.
I wouldn't say dumbed down, because most people haven't taken college level grammar and science.. Luckily I have taken several high level science and literature classes, thereofore Hawking's vocabulary is a bit easier to understand. I still have to sit and think really hard sometimes, and every now and then, I have to look a word up.

Back