• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Dell GXpro (Or any online sites that sell old stock Dell)

Mike 01Hawk

Looking for a GXpro P200 (I know, not exactly vintage), the model with the ethernet port on the mobo.

Why exactly do you need one of these? Or, why is it specifically a GXpro P200?
Is this computer a Pentium Pro, I, or II?

For the 90's era PC games I wanna play :D

Currently I have a Packard Bell Multimedia R515: P1 200 MMX | 96 ram | 3gb hd | SB16 ISA (CT-1740) w/ SCB-55 | S3 2mb | Monster3D | Dual boot: MS-DOS6.22(WFW3.11)/Win98se

Well it's short on PCI slots (only 2), and it runs too fast for Wing Commander 1.

The full specs on theGXpro are located Here

The one you're looking at (the GXpro) isn't going to be much SLOWER than the one you're currently using. Keep the one you have, and go to a thrift store. You can get full P166 or P133 machines for about $5. I have about 7 of this type of machine in my basement in New Jersey right now. If you were closer I'd tell you to come get one.

For networking, get a NE2000 compatible from EBay and have at it. Could probably do the entire thing for less than $20.

Well, I've heard the GXpro had an 'anti-turbo' button, slows it from like 200mhz to 8mhz. And it does it the 'correct' way with hardware (guess there are different hardware ways of slowing it down).

I know other PC's have this built in slowdown feature, but I figure Dell has a pretty strong supply base so replacement parts wouldn't be that hard to come by.

And you say you have 7.. as in 7 GXpro's or 7 P133/166 machines?

What type of computer was Wing Commander 1 meant to run on? I have a spare 486-66 with 20 mb ram that you could have for shipping costs if you want. Has DOS and 3.11 freshly installed on it's 500 MB hard drive. Has a 3.5" floppy, and the integrated IDE controller supports CD-ROMS. About 18 Lbs from 08223, probably FedEx cheapest.

WC 1 can run on a 286, but it was more suited for the 386 generation.

Hmm.. I might have to take you up on that offer... shipping looks to be ~$20 (74012).

Any more specs? Like brand and what not? Pics?

Thanks!

They tend to be a bit choppy, with poor framerate even on a fast PC, and they take a bit of twiddlin to get the game speed right. Anyway, if convinience isn't an issue, emulators pale nxt to the real thing.

Mike 01Hawk said:
And you say you have 7.. as in 7 GXpro's or 7 P133/166 machines?
Of the P133/166 machines. I also have 7 486/66 units. We use these for to support the local packet radio community.

My machine is an Acer, it has integrated everything except for sound, and network, which I may be able to include if you need them. Cosmetically, the unit is mostly complete, electronically, it is perfect. I'll have to check on the installed software, make sure it is still there. I checked shipping, and it will be about $20, as the local ship center adds on a few dollars. It looks like this without the cd's:

http://perso.orange.fr/balleatomique/musee/expo_hall/pc/acer.jpg

First, thank you Gunner for your generosity, $ is on it's way :D

And well, I caved and got a GX Pro off ebay. It looks like it didn't have an easy life, gonna have to bust out the cleaning supplies (I know, world's smallest violin is playing for some of you real old schoolers and your ANCIENT rigs :D )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200004730065

The auction price was nice, the shipping.. um.. not so much. Oh well. Ha.. in the span of a few months, I've gone from 1 pc, to 4.

Back