• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Lets see what vintage computer folks look like

Here's picture of me and my wife at the 2005 ARRL Field Day last year, and if anyone's interested, here's one of my ham shack. I don't have a whole lot of room for radio gear right now, but there are plans in the works to move this out to another room, where I will have an eight foot desk to put my gear on :)

I can't seem to find any of me doing something comptuer related, but this is a fairly new picture:

jason.jpg

-Jason

Yep... Gracey loves to bark / growl / moan at me. She often won't eat her food until I come and take her bowl away, taunt her with it, then give it to her. (Literally... she won't eat to the point of being sick!)

-J

Last edited:
You mean gramophone? Yes, it is gramophone.
I use it sometime ;).

It's not the best class machine but for me it's okay.
I have better one that was used by my parents (and me too) in '90s, but it turns too fast I need to repair it.

Last edited:
You mean gramophone? Yes, it is gramophone.
I use it sometime ;).

It's not the best class machine but for me it's okay.
I have better one that was used by my parents (and me too) in '90s, but it turns too fast I need to repair it.

I have an old technics table that I use to play my parents old albums. They have hundreds.

I'am playing my parent's alboms too.
I like some rock bands from '80 and rock'n'roll stars like Elvis Presley, Bill Halley or The Beatles (they rocks).

I have probably about 25+ vinyl albums & LP's, from Edison's to Outkast! (modern-day hip-hop)
I even have a cylinder stashed away somewhere!

I USED to play them on my 16/33/45/78 RPM turntable, but recently it's been a rev or two slow...(Now I use my mother's turntable)

Find of the year:
I got a Free Bang & Olufsen turntable last month, and raided my parents collection of 50+ Classical Vinyls and around 100 more rock and 70s/80s pop collecting dust in the attic. Mostly ACDC, Status Quo, Iron Maiden, then a few dodgy one, like the B52's. I like Planet Claire; "Where all the tree's are red, no one ever dies there and no one has a head" WTF??

My favourite was Classical Gas. I had the 60's & 70's comming out of my ears.

Last edited:
Any day now, I'll try to service my el-cheapo JVC turntable. I think I need to oil it (with the right type of oils!) and perhaps some other service.

Bbcmicro, if you could find Pink Floyd's 'The Dark Side of The Moon' would be nice, thier music is beautiful!

So let go back to previous subject...

Last edited:
Back