• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Z-80 Assembler Anyone?

DoctorPepper

Experienced Member
Well, my first acquisition arrived today: "The Z-80 Microcomputer Handbook" by William Barden, Jr., First Edition, Sixth Printing - 1983.

This is very much like one of the Intel books on the 8088 I read, way back in the mid 80's, when I was learning 8086 assembler. A thorough overview of the Z-80 processor and it's assorted support circuitry, from a hardware point of view, and a then a nice introduction to programming the Z-80, using assembly language.

This should be a nice intro to Z-80 programming. Now let's see if I actually read it and do something with it! :)

You talking about his "Programming the Z-80" book?

Yes, and no. The reason I have two copies is because he sold the book under (at least) two different titles, so I bought my second one thinking it was a whole 'nother story. That one is (re-)titled How to Program the Z80, and was distributed by RadioShack. It even has a RatShack Cat. No. 62-2066 (sic). Either way, it's considered holy writ among Z80 programmers, AFAIK.

--T

I am interested.

I will pm you this weekend. We have the MS-150 bike race tomorrow and Sunday (my wife and I are with ARES, providing communications support), so it might be later tomorrow before I get the chance.

Back