• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Comments about Members of VCF

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I found these comments while visiting another forum.

“Ha. You managed to dig up something really obscure. I know what SASI is, but I have never in my life actually seen a SASI device, much less these 8 inch floppy drives with 50 and 34 pin Shugart interfaces. To get an answer you're going to have to ask a really old fart. I presume this stuff is from the late 70s or maybe early 80s. VCfed is definitely the place to ask, full of old farts. Maybe in the S100 section.”

They seemed to pick out ChuckG by name.

Yeah vcfed.org is probably a better place to go. Chuck n Co. will sort you out fairly smartly.”

Was posted by User “Anonymous Coward”.

You never hear much about "young farts". Just because I'm old doesn't mean I smell old.

I'm old and smelly. It is because I have less reason to shower, with the covid restrictions. Just be glad that you can't get covid with 5G.
Dwight

Not yet 60 so I don't know if I qualify as an old fart. But after riding a century you wouldn't want to be up wind of me ... oh and sometimes I fail to wash behind my ears. ;-)

I will say that over the years I have a weird collection of technology that I recall. Still not sure I qualify as old fart. ;-)

I remember when Turbo Pascal was the craze. I and another guy in his mid 30’s thought we will take a Pascal class at the community college. When we walked in the first day, a young blonde girl, probably 18 said “what do those two old farts think they can learn.

For that matter, one never hears "dirty young man"...

A few years ago, in another forum that has nothing to do with computers, a forum member criticized the way of playing of an artist who had being deceased a few decades away. He said that this artist was an "old cheese". Another forum member replied him "and you are a young neat turd". :lol: I think that's the single best forum reply I've never read. Of course, I agree with the second poster.

I would say that alot of millenials dont have respect for anyone older than themselves. Not all, but many. Enough to be concerned with. My age group never thought all ages before us were wrong.... And we never made it a point to be completely different in every way from them. We thought we were SUPPOSED to grow up to be like them.

we get to look forward to an entire generation that will grow and show the world the repercussions of "Those that fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" :bomb:

another comment, I posted this as a new topic when I should have just added it as a comment.

For restoration tips I'd suggest Vintage Computer Forum group. Those guys are real pros there. Schematic, cap replacement, oss, logic analyzer - they konw everything!

I would say that alot of millenials dont have respect for anyone older than themselves. Not all, but many. Enough to be concerned with. My age group never thought all ages before us were wrong.... And we never made it a point to be completely different in every way from them. We thought we were SUPPOSED to grow up to be like them.

we get to look forward to an entire generation that will grow and show the world the repercussions of "Those that fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" :bomb:
Wasn't that hippies who proclaimed that previous gens are irrelevant? (Sorry, I am not old enough to witness original hippies firsthand) Then again, a term nihilism comes to mind, which came well before the time of anyone here

I'm 40 and have to deal in an interview from a 27 year old guy saying that "the company is young" and "don't like to bring old people to it" of course referring to me.
Then i asked him "if he was planning to shoot himself in the head when he got to 30 ?", he pulled a long face and don't replied the question.
You can imagine i didn't get the job there.

Wasn't that hippies who proclaimed that previous gens are irrelevant? (Sorry, I am not old enough to witness original hippies firsthand) Then again, a term nihilism comes to mind, which came well before the time of anyone here

Who gives a damn what hippies thought or proclaimed?

I'm 40 and have to deal in an interview from a 27 year old guy saying that "the company is young" and "don't like to bring old people to it" of course referring to me.
Then i asked him "if he was planning to shoot himself in the head when he got to 30 ?", he pulled a long face and don't replied the question.
You can imagine i didn't get the job there.

Nice one... Yeah ... maybe it will be fun to watch an entire generation bury itself in all the same problems of prior generations because they were not smart enough to realize they are no better than everyone else who came before them.

Back