• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

OEMs & clones on eBay (continuous listings)

5150 and 5151: https://www.ebay.com/itm/164748470617?nordt=true

This one might be an easy fix, it looks like the 5150 has a CGA card and they are trying to use a mono monitor with it. I sent them a message suggesting to try to composite port on an old TV, but they didn’t reply.

I have a Hercules monochrome card here that might be useful in testing that theory. The price on that system is actually tolerable if the seller thinks it's broken. Minnesota is too far away for me to go pick it up if they won't ship, though.

Behold! A sighting of the rare and majestic IBM 5175 in captivity.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-5175-CG...QAAOSwXXJgdbID

In all seriousness, I've never even seen a picture of one of these working dead or alive, so that's cool. I find it interesting that it basically looks the same as a 5154.

I don't like how scuffed up the glass on the CRT is. Rare or not, if you have to replace the CRT, it's no bargain at any price. It doesn't even work, anyway, so Lord only knows what else might be wrong with it. That's too much money to pay for a 50 pound doorstop.

I do not understand for the life of me why Tandy 1000 EX and HX systems without any PLUS cards installed are going for $300 or more? Just a few years back I was picking these up for $50 to $100 depending on condition. Do people realize that there is only 256K in there without the RAM PLUS card installed? You're going to need to shell out another $150 minimum for a RAM upgrade and they come up on eBay only once in a great while.

I do not understand for the life of me why Tandy 1000 EX and HX systems without any PLUS cards installed are going for $300 or more?

The nostalgia of people who had these computers (or remembered seeing them in Radio Shack) when they were new, combined with the novelty of having a PC in a C64/Amiga/Atari-type form factor. Plus a few popular vintage computing channels on YouTube have featured these machines prominently, especially during "SepTandy".

But you're right -- except for the lack of DOS in ROM, a much cheaper and easier to find 1000SX can do everything an EX or HX can do, and has 640K on the motherboard, 5.25" drive bays, and real ISA slots.

Back