• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My Vent (VoiP) server is UP!

atari2600a

Veteran Member
216.93.231.15, Port 1337

I plan to leave my server on all night & day (& then maybe I'll set the BIOS to turn the computer on at a specified time daily after that, & set Windows to turn off, & so on...), so PLEASE log on to my server, for I am bored! (Please?)

(Try to use the same handles you have here, to lessen confusion)

Please note that there might be some people from the Benheck forums on my server too.

Last edited:
My server will be down until Friday, but I must ask: Did anyone even ATTEMPT to connect to my server last weekend? Either no one attempted to connect, or I typed something in wrong when opening port 3784 on my routers firewall...

Okay, I'll give it a shot, then. Erm, you wouldn't happen to remember the command for DOS to send a ping to a certain address, would you? Something like:

ping 216.93.231.15 3784

or soemthing like it, right??

By the way, I've decided that my server will annually run during the weekends. More specifically, Fri 6:00-ish PM - Sun 8:00-ish PM.

Sadly, no one has logged on yet...

Honest question. Why would somebody want to use your server? What does it do? If it is only on a part time basis, is it that useful?

Honest question. Why would somebody want to use your server? What does it do? If it is only on a part time basis, is it that useful?

A. So the VC forum members can chat in real time. B. see A... C. Yes, most of us would only use it on the weekends, and it saves electricity.

Why would somebody want to use your server?
I was wondering the same thing, considering there's about a squillion public TeamSpeak servers available 24/7.
(Yes, I've tried Ventrilo but everyone I know is on TS, or Skype, or EchoLink)

atari, what are the credentials to log in?
Is it public, or private?
It wont let me log in with just a IP addy and port number.
same here. I tried to log in but 'could not connect to server.' I'm still looking but what am I doing wrong? Is there a username and password that I can use?

Back