• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

A flake to avoid on ebay

Have you guys that collect and buy the same or similar things and are having trouble with packing and shipping damage tried taking pictures of the destruction and sending them to the NEXT seller(s) when advising them how to properly ship the item you bought? For example, a good picture of a formerly nice vintage computer with the screen destroyed, cracks everywhere, shards of glass scattered across the keyboard, could work wonders, although some people could go neurotic and use too much packing material unless guidance is provided.

Now you understand why some sellers post "for local pickup only". I can sympathize. Old plastic, heavy glass CRTs, etc. make things hard to pack. Foam-in-place is an option that nobody wants to pay for.

On the flip side of this conversation, I feel guilty for one of the last machines I shipped off recently. It was wrapped in about ten layers of bubble wrap and surrounded with a ton of crushed shipping paper. Seemed more than adequate in my opinion, I've shipped off ten or fifteen systems this exact way with no issues.

I listed it on Ebay, sold, and shipped it off to some weird airport address. Turns out Ebay decided to enable international shipping on my account without letting me know, and that poor machine was BRUTALIZED on its way to some -stan country I don't recall offhand.

Fortunately Ebay covered the refund for me so I wasn't out a ton of money, but if I'd realized what was going on I'd have packed that sucker a lot better. Motherboard cracked, frame bent, power supply board was just SHATTERED. I think they might have actually just dropped it out of the back of the airplane at about 30,000 feet when they delivered it...

I have posted it before but I have a surefire method of shipping CRTs(internationally as well). I have never lost a CRT to Mishandling so far. (computers another story)

Every. Single. Compact Mac I've had shipped to me has arrived with a broken case, usually the front frame at the top left and right of the CRT. Every one. Heartbreakingly, this included an absolutely pristine 128k unit. I sent the shipper (an otherwise experienced collector) detailed instructions and warnings about common packing mistakes. Made no difference. The unit has padded reasonably well, but had nothing in the box to keep it centered in that padding.

Every. Single. Compact Mac I've had shipped to me has arrived with a broken case, usually the front frame at the top left and right of the CRT. Every one. Heartbreakingly, this included an absolutely pristine 128k unit. I sent the shipper (an otherwise experienced collector) detailed instructions and warnings about common packing mistakes. Made no difference. The unit has padded reasonably well, but had nothing in the box to keep it centered in that padding.

yeah, thats because they shipped it standing upright. I go on and on telling people to ship them CRT facing down everytime. Noone believes it but it works a charm everytime.

Has anyone ever purchased from a seller on ebay called tigertraxx ? I won two auctions for computers and when I realized I won I see that the seller didnt combine the shipping. And for what I purchased not combining would make no sense.. and it was being sold as is. I reached out right away to the seller and thier first responce seemed likea scripted reply. But I replied back with that would be a waste of money time and resources for both of us for no real reason. That was last nite. they Did not combine the shipping but kept sending strange messages on how these items are only for parts and arent working.. I told them I get it but one of the listings clearly stated "Working tested!"... I just got another reply from the seller stating "These computers arent for YOU!... you dont want them.. Im going to cancel the auction" I replied back stating the only reason we are talking is because they still havent offered combined shipping. And asked them Why are they being weird about this. Im ready to pay just combine the shipping. We are talking about $500.00 here..

I dont know this seller. I checked and I have never purchased things from them before. But this just comes across as very odd to me. They even stated in the last message " I contacted eBay regarding this and they strongly recommended I ship them according to the original plan, in separate boxes. " Which I know cant possibly be true because the 3rd world phone people at ebay only read from scripts and wouldnt be able to answer a real question........

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Has anyone ever purchased from a seller on ebay called tigertraxx ? I won two auctions for computers and when I realized I won I see that the seller didnt combine the shipping. And for what I purchased not combining would make no sense.. and it was being sold as is. I reached out right away to the seller and thier first responce seemed likea scripted reply. But I replied back with that would be a waste of money time and resources for both of us for no real reason. That was last nite. they Did not combine the shipping but kept sending strange messages on how these items are only for parts and arent working.. I told them I get it but one of the listings clearly stated "Working tested!"... I just got another reply from the seller stating "These computers arent for YOU!... you dont want them.. Im going to cancel the auction" I replied back stating the only reason we are talking is because they still havent offered combined shipping. And asked them Why are they being weird about this. Im ready to pay just combine the shipping. We are talking about $500.00 here..

I dont know this seller. I checked and I have never purchased things from them before. But this just comes across as very odd to me. They even stated in the last message " I contacted eBay regarding this and they strongly recommended I ship them according to the original plan, in separate boxes. " Which I know cant possibly be true because the 3rd world phone people at ebay only read from scripts and wouldnt be able to answer a real question........

What do you guys think?

They don't have to combine shipping unless they say they will. Maybe they were already boxed separately and weighed to get that final shipping prices.

The guy has been selling for over a decade and has 100% feedback

I have been selling for over two decades 100% feedback... So what? IT doesnt mean what it used to......

Andto answer you, no they arent prepackaged. Its a normal request. I ship multiple purchases in one order.. Why wouldnt I?

I have been selling for over two decades 100% feedback... So what? IT doesnt mean what it used to......

Andto answer you, no they arent prepackaged. Its a normal request. I ship multiple purchases in one order.. Why wouldnt I?

I don't know what you ordered or if they would ship together safely or if the shipper has a box that would work for both or not. Just saying don't assume somebody will combine shipping unless they say so up front or you asked first.

Of course I am aware its seller choice. But I was just asking as a fellow seller. And it shouldn't be an issue to simply ask? I know how packing and shipping works. Thats not really the point I guess. Just how the seller wanted to cancel 2 auctions because I asked for combined shipping.. seems a bit of an over reaction. And I know its bad to say so, but makes me assume the worst from a seller.

Of course I am aware its seller choice. But I was just asking as a fellow seller. And it shouldn't be an issue to simply ask? I know how packing and shipping works. Thats not really the point I guess. Just how the seller wanted to cancel 2 auctions because I asked for combined shipping.. seems a bit of an over reaction. And I know its bad to say so, but makes me assume the worst from a seller.

Yea, to cancel the auction just for asking sounds weird. Did you win something at way below market price and he is just looking for a reason to back out?

No, not at all. In fact I bid the inflated ebay prices!

I paid the seller and hope for the best when both packages return. If there is an issue I will post, but I hope there isnt.

Last edited:
I can mention a seller who was an absolute lunatic. His seller ID is raidovermoscow
I bought a video cable from him. I sent him several questions about the item and he would never answer a single question but only reply with "You paid for it, NO returns!" I kept trying to get him to answer a question but still only "NO returns" Was his reply even though I hadnt asked for a return. I got fed up with his harsh replies and unhelful/unfriendliness I decided . Screw it, Im returning it. The guy is a flake for sure. And then start all the nasty emails. If this is how he treats paying customers he is sure one to avoid.

It's getting so there's as many nuts selling on eBay as buying on Craig's List. It will be a month of Sundays before I put anything up for sale there again.

I have had more problems BUYING on Craigslist vs selling. I have had low ball buyers. People coming to waste my time. But Buying has led to more headaches. Anyway I feel most people aren't using craigslist anymore which is a shame. Its still a great and viable platform.

I have had more problems BUYING on Craigslist vs selling. I have had low ball buyers. People coming to waste my time. But Buying has led to more headaches. Anyway I feel most people aren't using craigslist anymore which is a shame. Its still a great and viable platform.

I love people who post an advertisement on CL and when I reply say it was sold a while ago and then keep renewing the ad.

Back