• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

SX-64 Rubber Keyboard Parts

grbrady

Experienced Member
I have an SX-64 keyboard that works well, but some of the rubber parts on the bottom of the keyboard (outer cover for the SX-64 when closed up) are missing. One of the rubber feet by one of the latches is damaged and the rubber strip below the SX-64 label is missing. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for replacing these? The rubber strip seems tenable, some kind of rubber stripping of suitable width and thickness should be possible to find. The rubber foot seems trickier. Is it possible to 3D print a flexible material like this? Does anyone have a hidden treasure trove of SX-64 keyboard parts?

Cheers,
Greg

Generally you can attempt to cut up some that you can make work by going to the local hardware store and ask for the isle that has the rubber foot bottoms, you might be able to "cobble" up something that would work, you could also try slicing a piece of automotive raidator hose and hot clue it into the position you are looking to fill. The last suggestion would be to find some automotive rubber door triming or window seal and see if something along those lines could be cut down to make the new rubber pads.

Sadly, 3D printing wont work (yet) as the ABS and PLA fillaments are just too hard when they cool.

Generally you can attempt to cut up some that you can make work by going to the local hardware store and ask for the isle that has the rubber foot bottoms, you might be able to "cobble" up something that would work, you could also try slicing a piece of automotive raidator hose and hot clue it into the position you are looking to fill. The last suggestion would be to find some automotive rubber door triming or window seal and see if something along those lines could be cut down to make the new rubber pads.

Sadly, 3D printing wont work (yet) as the ABS and PLA fillaments are just too hard when they cool.
I happen to restore a whole lot of SX-64s and can attest these came in plastic as well (not just rubber) so you could get away with PLA... but..... better yet, you could 3D print them in TPU which would be as flexible as your infill type and % :)

Back