• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Lets see what vintage computer folks look like

052204-pose_7764.jpg

051803-olegrantpopinbroncofront_4190.JPG

Who will be the first to post one picture featuring yourself, your vintage computing collection, your car, your dog and anything else you wish to promote? Sometimes I fill my car with vintage computers, but I never remember to bring a camera until I have unloaded it again.

As previously posted in the "who drives what" thread, here's me, with thinning hair open to the wind!

picforvcforum.jpg

And a close-up from VCF East 2.0 (July 2004 @ Sun Microsystems campus in Burlington, Massachusetts):

evanpic.jpg

My dad & me

My dad & me

He taught me everything I know about computers!
Dadnme.jpg

Last edited:
Well may as well paste my mug up. Me in 73 (yes that is an old passport photo) and now.
Ah the ravages of time.

wow, even your 1973 photo looks older than me now by at least a few years. i must be the youngest person here! i guess not many people in my generation understand the whole vintage computing thing. (i'm 22, btw. 23 in april 07)

Well in 73 I was 37. You do the maths. But altho my beard is grey, my hair is still brown, and so is my spirit.
9 grandchildren. and not a computer nerd among my 4 sons. I've failed. Sob,sob,,

Maybe one of the grandkids will turn out whole like you.
I think I'd be happy even if one of them liked MS$.
Ehhnn, (twit !)
Maybe not.

Lawrence

wow, even your 1973 photo looks older than me now by at least a few years. i must be the youngest person here! i guess not many people in my generation understand the whole vintage computing thing. (i'm 22, btw. 23 in april 07)

Let's see, brown is green and red mixed. So, his spirit is fertile and passionate. Wow, I should run for office!

3 years ago when I got my latest drivers license, the guy looked at it and said "Hey, your hair is gray, not brown like it says here". Oh well.

Heh. Over here, we don't have things like hair or eye colour on the driver's license, only on passport. Nowadays people dye their hair and use tinted lenses, so it must be of limited use. The lenses can of course be removed, but more difficult to restore your original hair colour if taken for inspection.

For a short while, there was a note on the driver's license about country of origin, e.g. where you were born or at least immigrated from. I don't think it served any real purpose and was removed after a few years due to being considered a negative for immigrants. At least it was in use long enough so I spotted that the guy I bought my first car from either lied to me, or had lied to the authorities äbout where he came from - his driver's license showed a different but similar country of origin than he claimed.

Let's see, brown is green and red mixed. So, his spirit is fertile and passionate. Wow, I should run for office!

You got my vote. I like to believe I'm fertile (no proof of that lately) and passionate. Whenever I get lucky. But as the song sez, but what girl would be fond of a man that's lived 1000 years. Oh well that's what temple maidens were for.

Lawrence

picture

picture

this is a picture from yesterday at the kids christmas it is me and my son not the best picture but it is the most recent. It is from a really cheap digital camera when I get a better picture I will post

Attachments

• Dec16_02.jpg
    Dec16_02.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1
A Geek Taking a break

A Geek Taking a break

Fred.jpg

This is me after lugging a bunch of Pre 80's pc's during my move.

Question: Are there any geeks in Pennsylvania lookin for hardware? If so, send me an e-mail.

Fred3rd:D

Whaaa...??? Where's your pocket protector? Y'know, that pen could cause some serious stainage to a perfectly good plaid shirt if it decides to leak! (Then what would ya wear with your striped pants?)...

--T

Whaaa...??? Where's your pocket protector? Y'know, that pen could cause some serious stainage to a perfectly good plaid shirt if it decides to leak! (Then what would ya wear with your striped pants?)...

--T

That pen is just a stage prop (ink removed). I do all my writing on the PDA that's in the left pocket of striped pants. (Not in Picture)

Fred

Back