• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Mac 2

helen

Hi All,

I have got a Mac 2 - we have had it since the 80's, I was wondering if this kind of thing "counts" as vintage computing as it no longer has a home in the loft. I would hate to throw something away that someone might really treasure....

Thanks

Helen

Hello Helen,

The Mac 2 isn't all that rare but there are certainly people who collect them and would love to adopt one.

If you're interested in clearing it out I'd suggest you post an ad in the "for sale" area with an inventory of what you have and maybe a picture or two. You should find someone to take it.

And when Helen does that, remember to specify approximately where in the world you're located. Else, other members will ask that question. :)

The original big box Mac II is a little rare, so is the IIx. The IIfx is the one most people collect because it was the best of the line making the erlier ones hard to find (quite a few were upgraded with IIfx motherboards along the way). The IIfx is the only one of the 3 people bother paying anything for.

There are plenty of IIsi, IIci floating around, but they are the smaller cased units with few expansion options.

Back