• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Ozzie 1 - Tan Case

curtis

Veteran Member
Yep, got one of these up now.

Item number is 110063357225

It does have a problem with the keyboard plug, but anyone who's ever worked on one of these knows the motherboard is an easy swap.

Curtis

Was that a common problem with the Ozzie 1s ?
I have one that powers up and all but doesn't respond to the KB.
Couldn't quite understand your comment about the motherboard swap.
Was the problem with the motherboard connecter ?

Was that a common problem with the Ozzie 1s ?
I have one that powers up and all but doesn't respond to the KB.
Couldn't quite understand your comment about the motherboard swap.
Was the problem with the motherboard connecter ?

The motherboard connector is the one that has the problem. Hence the comment about swapping out the motherboard.

It's extremely easy to to a mobo swap on the Ozzie. Pull the guts out and turn it over. 4 screws and a couple of connectors and you're holding the motherboard in your hands. Reverse the procedure and done!

I've seen the O1 motherboards pop up on ebay from time to time. Usually go pretty cheap.

Curtis

Well, I feel like a real putz!
oops7yt.gif

Took a look to see why the Ozzie wasn't getting any bids. Turns out I had it listed under Vintage Electronics vice Vintage Computers!

Fixed that. Now hopefully some people will see it.

Curtis

Time for a rant from yours truly.

I can't believe a tan case O-1 has absolutely no bids!

Worse yet, I did a quick search and found an Executive that doesn't have any bids on it either!

Guess the Osborne's have been over-hyped. Of course, if that's the case, maybe an Encore will come out of the woodwork and I'll be able to get it for a song!
18ia.gif

Sigh... Guess I better give Gil a call over at UT Arlington and his computer museum. Better than tossing it!

Curtis

Yep, I would send evil spirits to haunt you if you tossed it. (Even if it does have a super tiny screen).

Normally I'd be very interested, but I have to seriously cull my herd too. I'm waiting now for someone to come and haul off a (free) truckload, including my two Ozzies & two spare mainboards.

--T

Normally I'd be very interested, but I have to seriously cull my herd too. I'm waiting now for someone to come and haul off a (free) truckload, including my two Ozzies & two spare mainboards.

--T

Ya know, the only thing this Ozzie needs is a mainboard and it'd be a super display item!

Hang on to one of those Ozzie boards and if it sells, I'll point them to you.

If it doesn't sell and it goes to Gil, I'll still point him to you!

Either way, someone gets a perfectly good O-1 and you get rid of a board!

Curtis

Bad as me. Every day (and I mean EVERY) I have to come up with another reason why I shouldn't even attempt to buy one of those Altair kits, NO ROOM being high on the list. We won't talk about the cost or the endless ragging I would have to put up with if it showed up here.

I think the thing that really hurts a lot of these computers is the shipping charge. It's a shame - it looks like a nice system. If I didn't already have an O1, I'd consider it. The keyboard connector would be a cinch to change.

-steve

Ya know, the only thing this Ozzie needs is a mainboard and it'd be a super display item!

Hang on to one of those Ozzie boards and if it sells, I'll point them to you.

If it doesn't sell and it goes to Gil, I'll still point him to you!

Either way, someone gets a perfectly good O-1 and you get rid of a board!

Curtis

Funny thing is, I won't even have to pack 'em. I bought the boards on eBay bout a year ago, and I haven't even opened the package yet, just set it aside for future use. I'll hang onto 'em for ya (or whomever).

--T

$15.51. Ain't it a cryin' shame!

Oh well, better than a kick in the head by a mule. Already done that! Not any fun...
bonggggg2lk.gif

I am going to archive the floppies before shipping. When I complete my move, I'll probably start posting disk images for anyone who needs them. Kinda in honor of Don Maslin.

Any way, anyone know Corey Little out of Pittsburgh? He's the winner.

Terry, I've put him on to you and the forums here.

Oh, and save one of those Ozzie boards for me. I could use a spare.

Curtis

Hm, if shipping is a killer within the States, I can only start to imagine what it would cost to ship internationally. Or rather, if the item itself is so inexpensive or valuable that the buyer would not flinch over a high shipping fee. Maybe there will be an Osborne-1 eBay fluke a few years from now, when celebrating 25 years of portable computing.

Hm, if shipping is a killer within the States, I can only start to imagine what it would cost to ship internationally. Or rather, if the item itself is so inexpensive or valuable that the buyer would not flinch over a high shipping fee. Maybe there will be an Osborne-1 eBay fluke a few years from now, when celebrating 25 years of portable computing.

You're not kidding.

It's another reason I'm focusing on the smaller items. They weigh a LOT less.

The IBM PC package I just sold on ebay is going to England. Total shipping is running around $150! Pretty ironic since I picked the thing up in the UK!

Curtis

Back