• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My Vintage/Retro room

I like the game boxes on display. I picked up a few of these in a garage sale last year and plan to do the same thing!

The leather cover on the 64 is excellent. Great choices of games.
Thanks! The cover is original. I had to travel quite rural from where I live to snatch that up.
I like the game boxes on display. I picked up a few of these in a garage sale last year and plan to do the same thing!
Nice! I wish I found some of these at a garage sale.
Haha. Oh, I'm just showing off the parts that are tidy. I agree with @jafir

That is a beautiful setup, nice TV too. I like that you have the Commodore sitting out with the leather cover on it too - Nice touch. I do the same with my 2600.

That is a sweet TV - and a proper homage to the c64. Not sure if you played Bard's Tale or Ultima IV - those stand out as my two favorites from the era, with Lode Runner of course, and Karateka and Summer Games (and nice shout-out to pitfall in the corner..). Great times - epic machine. I like your idea of going back and collecting your favorite games. I've thought about doing something similar, but with computer hardware - going back and setting up a working representative computer that I remember from each era. I've gotten rid of so many computers over the years that now seem like solid gold on ebay. I made the mistake of selling my c64 at a garage sale in the 90's. Though I still have some of the game save disks ... just in case.

Well, until the days of flat panels all consumer televisions were typically tabletops or consoles. Anything else was in the business world - Cabinet mounted sets for video editing or security, I remember Walmart had theirs hanging from the ceiling.
There were exceptions but most of these were not the type of television you would ever use with a computer (kitchen cabinet, Watchman, other portables)

That is a beautiful setup, nice TV too. I like that you have the Commodore sitting out with the leather cover on it too - Nice touch. I do the same with my 2600.
Thanks! :) I don't have a leather cover for my 2600, but I have the bottom shelf to the right hand side of the TV dedicated to it.
That is a sweet TV - and a proper homage to the c64. Not sure if you played Bard's Tale or Ultima IV - those stand out as my two favorites from the era, with Lode Runner of course, and Karateka and Summer Games (and nice shout-out to pitfall in the corner..). Great times - epic machine. I like your idea of going back and collecting your favorite games. I've thought about doing something similar, but with computer hardware - going back and setting up a working representative computer that I remember from each era. I've gotten rid of so many computers over the years that now seem like solid gold on ebay. I made the mistake of selling my c64 at a garage sale in the 90's. Though I still have some of the game save disks ... just in case.
Thaanks. I never played Bard's Tale or Ultima IV back in the day, but I have heard since that they were great games. Pretty much all the games I have on display in the room were my go-to favourite games back then. Although, I do have a bunch more not on proper display, including Lode Runner. I'm in the process of putting together a Frankenstein Win98/XP PC with parts ranging from the early 90s to early 2000s that is a mixture of representative parts I had back in the day, as well as parts I always wish I had. I have almost all the pieces now. I'm looking forward to the headache of putting it all together.

Oh, I can only imagine the gold you might have gotten rid of over the years. Same here. Haha, yes. Hold onto those C64 saves.
It seems weird to me having the TV on the floor.
Haha. With a TV in a cabinet that heavy, it only made/makes sense. I'm pretty sure it's even on wheels.

Haha, yes. I wish it was EQ. It's just brightness, contrast, saturation, tone, volume.

Has the be the best display regardless, love the look of it. Does it have an alarm built in as well that wakes up the tv?

Actually, I've never thought to try it out, but I think it might :p If not, it's just a regular alarm.

Back