• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

The move is complete, but the tweaking has only just begun

I really think we need to prohibit brand new members from posting in the marketplace until a reasonable level of messages is achieve.. Like 50 messages. The number is arbitrary. Does anyone else feel a new member posting immediately to the marketplace rather than an introduction or standard thread is a bit off putting? Seems alot of accounts are created just so they can make a post in marketplace and then they are never heard from again. I dunno I could be alone in this. Just thought it would lessen the spamming and illegitimate posts.

Last edited:
I really think we need to prohibit brand new members from posting in the marketplace until a reasonable level of messages is achieve.. Like 50 messages. The number is arbitrary. Does anyone else feel a new member posting immediately to the marketplace rather than an introduction or standard thread is a bit off putting? I dunno I could be alone in this. Just thought it would lessen the spamming an illegitimate posts.
50 may be a stretch but you certainly have avalid point.

In ye-old days the Facepunch forums required you to make a minimum of 15 thread replies before you could make your own threads. This was later changed to 15 replies before you could make threads and access certain forum features.

The Vcfed forums hold a considerably higher standard for the quality of threads and posts and don't usually have issues with people so salty about getting banned for drama they just keep registering alt accounts to get banned again and again.

10 posts before being able to use PM's and make threads in the marketplace seems fine. Even when we added 5 posts before unlocking PM's really cut down on spam.

The blogs aren't very well presented.

Maybe not used very often but maybe thats why.

Can there not be at least a list of the latest rather than a blob of 'users with blogs' ?

10 posts before being able to use PM's and make threads in the marketplace seems fine. Even when we added 5 posts before unlocking PM's really cut down on spam.

That's an interesting idea (10 posts before being able to post in the market section), but I suspect it would just mean people will post their "listing" in the other sub forums. We are working on some more formal rules around the sales forums, not sure there is an eta on this though, but stay tuned.

The blogs aren't very well presented.

Maybe not used very often but maybe thats why.

Can there not be at least a list of the latest rather than a blob of 'users with blogs' ?
I seem to recall that it's a bit of a kludge-in. It's not really the fault of the folks who did the move rather Xenforo doesn't really have any modules for handling blogs.

I seem to recall that it's a bit of a kludge-in. It's not really the fault of the folks who did the move rather Xenforo doesn't really have any modules for handling blogs.
Fair enough, and it wasn't a criticism of anyone just an observation of something that would be good to improve if possible.

It would be great if we had a better way to advertise and arrange them beyond a hacked up subforum but I don't have any solutions. :)

Back