• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

New England WTB a bunch of 27C64 EPROMs

Covers: Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Maine.

VERAULT

Veteran Member
Anyone have a bunch of 27C64 Eproms they are willing to sell? Or even a few, please contact me. Building up some cartridges and I just need the eproms. Thanks.

Why don't you use 28c64 eeproms? They are cheaper and there are plenty on ebay, even from US sellers...

Yeah I am not against buying from china on certain projects. $7.10 each is too much for me if I can go cheaper I would. China would be a better bet.
It's not 7.10 each. If you buy multiple items the shipping charge is more or less the same... 6 for 18.45.
I ordered these eeproms for the first time but didn't get them yet, so I can't tell you if they work or not.

I got a bunch (20) a year ago off ebay, only 1 was bad... Seller was easy to work with and sent me 2 more to make up. Seems a little cheaper then previous link for the 6 28C64s. Are you building Atari carts? What I used mine for.

Hi,

Something some people don't realize is that we sent millions of tons of old electronics including thousands of vintage computers to China to be recycled. Many smart people in China pulled them apart for the boards, the chips, the cables etc. and now you can buy them on eBay.

Hi,

Something some people don't realize is that we sent millions of tons of old electronics including thousands of vintage computers to China to be recycled. Many smart people in China pulled them apart for the boards, the chips, the cables etc. and now you can buy them on eBay.

Oh I know and I for one am all for this. I purchased two sound chips for my Mac color classic from one of those resellers. I was a fair price, it was my only option, and they both worked fine. Selling our junk back to us is capitalism at its best.... I wonder if the irony is lost to the Chinese?

Last edited:
I personally think they just recycled everything for their machinery, and since they have upgraded much of their infrastructure since the 90s, these parts are seeing daylight as there is no use for them, and viable to the hobby market.

I personally think they just recycled everything for their machinery, and since they have upgraded much of their infrastructure since the 90s, these parts are seeing daylight as there is no use for them, and viable to the hobby market.
Hi,

A few years ago a friend of mine was in the main electronics marketplace in China (I forget the name of the city), and he talked to a bunch of small vendors there and they said when we send our junk electronics to China, they grab as much as they can afford by the pound and pull all the components off to sell to people on eBay. Some of these shops had hundreds of hard to find vintage chips.

Hi,

A few years ago a friend of mine was in the main electronics marketplace in China (I forget the name of the city), and he talked to a bunch of small vendors there and they said when we send our junk electronics to China, they grab as much as they can afford by the pound and pull all the components off to sell to people on eBay. Some of these shops had hundreds of hard to find vintage chips.

Almost surely Shenzen.
I don't blame them one bit for selling us ICs back, but their poor ecosystem... a discussion for another place.

Is there a drop-in 28C (or similar flash) replacement for the 27C512? 28C512 doesn't look pin-compatible. I go through a lot of them and source NOS UV-erasable 27C512's from China (this seller) - I've had good luck with those. Other chips like the 2732's are hit or miss.

Is there a drop-in 28C (or similar flash) replacement for the 27C512? 28C512 doesn't look pin-compatible. I go through a lot of them and source NOS UV-erasable 27C512's from China (this seller) - I've had good luck with those. Other chips like the 2732's are hit or miss.
sst27sf512 should suit your needs.

sst27sf512 should suit your needs.

Wow, thank you. Very good to know, but looking at prices they're going for 2-3x more that what I'm paying for the 27C512's.. Guess I'll stick with those as long as I can but it's good to know there are alternatives.

Wow, thank you. Very good to know, but looking at prices they're going for 2-3x more that what I'm paying for the 27C512's.. Guess I'll stick with those as long as I can but it's good to know there are alternatives.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. But at least they are there.

Back