• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

So im new and I have a problem.

Dead Myke

I'm building a computer, nothing great or anything. Just something better then what i have. And i need a bit of help finding a motherboard. This is everything i already have.

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Processor (Venice) Socket 939

MSI NX7900GS-T2D256E-HD GeForce 7900 GS PCI Express 256MB DDR3 Video Card w/Dual-DVI, TV-Out & HDTV

Corsair VS1GBKIT400 1GB Kit DDR400 PC3200 CAS2.5 Value Select Memory

So i was wondering if anyone could tell me if this motherboard would fit and run the items listed above or if anyone could post a board that would work: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131568

If you do read and reply to this message I think you very much for your time.

Uh, this is VINTAGE land! You know - 4.77Mhz 8080A, 4Mhz Z80, static ram, that kind of thing.

sorry. didnt realize that. just a desperate person looking for some help. sorry for the trouble.

While this is off-topic and probably will be moved, locked or removed, you might want to know that Socket 939 is rapidly on its way out of the market. The current AMDs for home use socket AM2.

By the way, the link you posted is broken so impossible to tell which motherboard you were looking at. After reverse-engineering the link, it seems to be a Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939. Based on the specs and reviews, it should be sufficient, while far from the cheapest option.

Just moved to a better area, I'm not the intolerant one.

The Newegg link doesn't work, but I can help you out if you'd like. PM me if you need help.

-Vlad

Hm. How often does one need to clear CMOS?

Happy Customer Review said:
Cons: The CMOS jumper pin is retardedly placed but its manageable. I have no other cons regarding this board.

Aha, it did not refer to it is hard to reach, but in way of other things:

Another HC Review said:
Cons: cmos jumper is in a really dumb place. especially when you running 2 video cards. if you are gonna use zalman vga cooler, and want to use a pci slot, impossible. I had to go to a hardware store and get a Nut for screwing on the back, the thumb screw zalman gives you is too big, so unless your gonna use on-board sound, don't worry about it.

Back