• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: XT 5160 or AT 5170 or PS/2 30-386

I have a couple of AT system units available. I'm not sure what's in them yet, but I'll know this weekend.

No keyboards or monitors, though.

Sweet, let me know what you have and prices you like when you can. Thanks.

Please let me know if you have any of these available...
There was an 8086 version and a 286 version of the Model 30, not a 386SX or 386DX version stock from IBM. Now you *could* put an Intel or Kingston CPU upgrade (386SX at 20, 25, or 33MHz) in there, or an aftermarket Reply planar (some level of 486 CPU; I've got up to a 486-133 with 128Mb of RAM). Read over http://www.walshcomptech.com/ps2/mod30.htm, and look at the Model 25 (it shares the same planar at the286 level) and Kingston upgrad pages on the site too.

Sweet, let me know what you have and prices you like when you can. Thanks.

Okay, here's what there is (for anyone interested):

IBM PC AT system 1:

Relatively clean case with a few scuffs and scrapes but no dents or other issues.
Early 256/512 MB with stacked RAMs and a 6 MHz processor.
EGA card
30 MB CMI Type 2 hard drive.
1 1.2MB 5.25" floppy drive
Replacement battery
Modem card (unknown speed)
Parallel/Serial card.

The system is fully functional with DOS 5.0 loaded on the hard drive. Everything has been tested except the modem.

All you get is the system unit with the stuff mentioned above. There are no manuals, disks, monitors, keyboards or anything else with the system.

If you really need it I can supply a fairly tired but functional IBM Model M for a bit extra.

IBM PC AT system 2:

Early 256/512 MB with stacked RAMs and a 6 MHz processor.
Monochrome/Printer card (1/2 length)
Hard drive - Appears to be a 30 MB Type 2, but I can't tell for sure
1 1.2MB 5.25" floppy drive
Replacement battery

Boots to a long/two short beeps error with no display (the error code indicates a video card issue.)

The case is clean and undented on the outside but has a few rust spots on the inside.

The blank plate below the floppy drive is missing, as are all of the slot tabs from the empty slots.

Everything else appears to work, but I can't be sure without doing more fiddling than I have time for.

All you get is the system unit with the stuff mentioned above. There are no manuals, disks, monitors, keyboards or anything else with the system.

The price for System 1 is $60 OBO+ shipping. The keyboard will be a bit extra.

The price for System 2 is $15 + shipping but I'll throw it in with System 1 if you want it.

If nobody wants system 2 I'll consider pulling parts from it.

Erik, very interested in System #1, if you'd like to send me an email at ct9ars@aol.com, we can arrange payment, I will also require the keyboard. I don't suppose that you have an EGA monitor eh? :)

Erik, very interested in System #1, if you'd like to send me an email at ct9ars@aol.com, we can arrange payment, I will also require the keyboard. I don't suppose that you have an EGA monitor eh? :)

Sorry. Systems 1 and 2 arrived at their destination yesterday.

I'm only a little slow in posting that they are gone. :(

Back