• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

new to forum

Earl Kurburski

I found site and forum when doing a search for commodore 64 repair. I'm an old (63) user starting with computer courses in 1969 at Central Texas College. Started by learning Fortran which I immed forgot. Bought my first 64 in 1982 when stationed at Ft Sill. Used a tape drive for about 6 months as my son and I typed programs in out of the Commodore Gazette. Moved up to the Amiga 500 in 88 or 89 while stationed in Germany and was a member of the anti windsnooze crowd. Retired from the Army and moved to Arkansas in 92-93 where I rented a house on the top of the hill. Went on vacation and unplugged the computer from the wall before I left but forgot to unplug the telephone line. When I got back lighting had wiped out the Amiga and I couldn't find anyone to sell me a replacement so finally ended up moving to windows 3.1. Since I've steadly moved through all of the upgrades and just now have gotten my latest toy a Sell laptop with dual core processors and Vista home OS. All of that and still can't through away the c64 and a sx64 I picked up at the local Salvation Army. I have no idea what I'm going to do with the old stuff but I know I can't quite bring myself to throwing the stuff out.

Yes, welcome Earl.

As to what you're going to do with the stuff, well, if you're like most of the people around here, you're going to collect more and more and more and wonder what the hell you're going to DO with all that stuff :)

Back