• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Altair on eBay - original box, invoice, packing slip!

Nice. The system is built out wrong (ribbon cable, incorrect motherboard (although it could be a MITS anyway) etc. but the condition is exceptional.

And the box is cool. :)

Hi,
I just listed our old Altair 8800 system on ebay. Then looking for information on it, I found this forum. If anyone is interested it is ebay Item number: 180133473494
Link:
&rd=1"]cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180133473494&rd=1&rd=1[/URL]

This is my first post, so sorry if this is at all inappropriate here.

My Dad and older brother built it when I was around ten years old, I'm 42 now! Still have a lot of great memories of the success, failure, and mostly the fun we had working with this machine.

Later,
Keith

Keith-
That's a nice looking system and a very early version of the Pertec FD400 floppy drive. I suggest that you also mention your auction to the people over at the Altair Computer Club at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/altaircomputerclub/

Steve

Hi,
I just listed our old Altair 8800 system on ebay. Then looking for information on it, I found this forum. If anyone is interested it is ebay Item number: 180133473494
Link:
&rd=1"]cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180133473494&rd=1&rd=1[/url]

This is my first post, so sorry if this is at all inappropriate here.

My Dad and older brother built it when I was around ten years old, I'm 42 now! Still have a lot of great memories of the success, failure, and mostly the fun we had working with this machine.

Later,
Keith

Back