• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

How did THIS happen?

Vlad

Apparently in Amsterdam the workers of a drink stand on the beach saw something out in the ocean. Curious to what it was they fished it out. It turned out to be an 8 foot tall Lego person. It now stands in front of their drink stand. My question is how did something like that end up in the Dutch sea? I never found anything that cool on the beach...

That sounds like something that came from Disney here in Florida.. At one of the parks, there is a lego world, that has big Lego statues of all types...

Florida isn't remotely close to the Dutch Sea. They did say it came from the direction of the UK. Since he's still online, I asked my British friend and his guess was it got away from Legoland Windsor. I know there's bad flooding in the UK at the present, I wonder if it escaped?

Ah, I see. I read that wrong. I wish I had an 8 foot tall lego guy, that would be awesome for some unknown reason. I'd do something twisted though, like make a giant lego Pyramid helmet to make it look like Pyramid Head from Silent Hill or something. Scar the neighbours kids for life at Halloween. XD

That is so cool. I wish I had a lego man(8 foot), that would awesome. I would scare the neighbors kids too!:p

I suppose you could always build one. You'd probably need an awful lot of Lego sets though...lol

In the parish to which my brother belongs, one of the younger generation priests has initated a project to let the children build a life-size Jesus statue out of LEGO. It is no lighthearted project neither. He has involved the local technical college to construct a drawing, based on a picture of a "real" (*) Jesus statue. They scanned the picture and used computer software to break it down into pieces. The next task is to get someone to donate an awful lot of LEGO pieces. Perhaps the church will find a sponsor?

(*) Ok, it won't be the size of the Jesus statue in Rio de Janeiro. That would be a bit excessive for a small neighbourhood church, in particular if the children of the parish are supposed to put it together. They would have to work night and day for several months, perhaps years I believe.

Or well.. doesn't the famous quote by Jesus say "Let the children work for me" ? :-D

Wow, thats quite an undertaking. Sounds like a cool project though. Hasn't someone done something like that before? Seems like I remember hearing about that.

Vlad, when I saw that article, the first thing I thought was "it probably fell off a container ship".

Eh, that could be. I hadn't really thought about the container ship thing. A lot of stuff seems to fall of those anymore, what are they doing? Playing dodge ball with the cargo?

Back