• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Can't expand .smi files (System 7.3.5)

In PC land, I often see zip files that don't work. Did you download it? Maybe download it again. I have a hexadecimal file viewer I use all the time on the PC. Frequently the extension gets changed to the wrong type and it's not really a zip file at all.

In PC land, I never had these problems. But I'm downloading from Apple's FTP website. And since the files are free, they purposely make them some wierd format so you have to earn the right to use them.

Atleast that's what it seems to me.

Thanks, Chuck. Having done a search for Shrinkwrap, I pretty much concluded that Smith Micro (makers of Shrink It) bought off Aladdin so I can't find a working copy of ShrinkWrap via websurfing.

I'll see if Digital Dinos can download the files for me. ...

Let me know if it doesn't work I will try and find out where I got version 5.6 (I thinks that's it). I'm in to much pain now to climb the stairs today.

Ah It's aladin Stuff it Expander I have, and if you find it I have one piece of advice: If a file won't expand automatically, you may have to make an alias or put the stuffit expander file on your desktop and drag the file you want opened onto it.

Last edited:
Back