• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Free online mainframe access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mainframe and cobol compliers

mainframe and cobol compliers

Hi all,

Is there a way we can access mainframe ie. sessions 3270 from home. I dont mind a paid account.

also anyone can give a cobol complier that runs all the programs.

Yeah, I know the thread's old, but it's for Sweda....

I could PROBABLY set something up, running under Hercules (mainframe emu for Linux/Win) but what exactly are you looking for?

You will need to be WAY more specific!
for example:
VM/370 R6
VM/ESA 2.4
DOS/VSE
VSE/ESA
z/VM 4.4
MVS
OS/390 V1R2
OS/390 V2R10
zOS 1.4
zOS 1.5
zOS 1.6

T

Was I looking for something specific? My memory isn't serving me well right now. I know we discussed relative OS footprints, and I took the opportunity to plug the OS/400, but did I mention needing something (that I have since forgotten)?

I apologize if I have overlooked something obvious...But thanks for thinking of me, Shark!

Hey, don't worry about it...I've been walking around in a state of confusion for the last couple of months. I'm just glad to hear that this time it wasn't me!

Anyway, I thought the concept of "mainframe access" was a bit vague. What precisely does the OP want to do besides log on? Someone mentioned COBOL. OK, I can create an account on the 400 for a visitor (ILE COBOL), let you write all kinds of programs...but if you don't have your own 400 to run it, what good is it to you? Unless you're looking for someone to host your production data on an ongoing basis...which no one is going to do for free...

Thats my question after reading thru these postings..why? Unless you have an app that has some value to you looking for a place to run. What type of graphics could you realistically run from a remote site without some sort of local help? Now if someone had "free" access to Catia on a IBM mainframe...with the ability to post and plot locally..then why would those application companies exist?

If it is a vintage operating system, something that is hard to find and emulate on a modern computer, I can see the value in test-driving an old mainframe. Perhaps one even has some old software one would like to try out.

When it comes to commercial use, approximately how old hardware and software tends to still be in use? Can you think of any cruicial servers more than 20 years old, not counting embedded systems and alike?

Free online mainframe access

Free online mainframe access

You can apply for free online mainframe access here:

http://www.efglobe.com/cgi-bin/mainframe/mainuser

Then you will receive a an email like this:

========================================
Dear XYZ,

Your newly applied TSO userid XYZ has been created in DeZhi mainframe system, with the initial password of ZXY.
You need to use this password to logon to TSO, and change the password at your first logon to TSO.

Please refer following table for detailed access information.

Access Information

Host Name fandezhi.efglobe.com The TN3270 telnet hostname
TN3270 Telnet Port 23 Use this port to logon to TSO
Your TSO User ID XYZ Use this userid to logon to TSO
Your Inital Password ZXY You have to change it at first logon
Your Higher Level Qualifier XYZ.** You own these datasets
Your UNIX System Service home /u/XYZ Use 'TSO OMVS' to go to UNIX System Service
Your account number XYZ Used in your job
Your logon procedure SYSUSER Used in your TSO logon.
Your Datasets XYZ.JCL.CNTL
Your JCL library. XYZ.ISPF.ISPPROF
Your ISPF profile.
Your Job Card XYZ.JCL.CNTL(JOBCARD) Use this job card in this system.

If you forget your TSO userid or password in the future, you can always go to our site to reset your password or show your TSO ID.
You need to use 3270 telnet emulation software to logon the mainframe system, such as IBM Personal Communication software.

===================================

Very cool, you can program/test/debug in Cobol/CICS and for FREE.

Michael

Free online mainframe acces

Free online mainframe acces

Hi Michael,
Greetings...
Than you for wonderful site.
I could login with userid (ADONIS) using Z/Scope Classic v6.2 emulator from India. While creating PDS am getting status X-LOCK and I disconnected and trying to enter again in TSO and geting message LOGON REJECTED, UserId ADONIS already logged on to system ADCD. Please resolve my problem.
Thanking you in advance,
Regards,
Sharat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back