• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Ebay seller vintagemicros closing shop

Here's link to terms:

http://www.onlineauction.com/index.php?page=help:main&content=get_started

This is just OnlineAuction.com - I think there's a couple 1 or 2 more.
But, as has been mentioned, traffic on vintage gear is reeeeeallllllyyyy sloooooooooow.

As has been discussed, fleaBay has what? 13 year headstart?
it's a chicken-and-egg problem: Sellers won't come in droves, because there's not many buyer, hence they will
get a lower straight-auction price. And buyer won't come in droves, because there's not many sellers with stuff,
and the ones there are, are really not straight-auction because of risk. They have either high starting bids, or are
Buy-It-Now-style listings.

<sigh>

T

Per the alternative places to sell post, the Vintage Computer Marketplace would be good if it comes back up. I didn't want to comment on it too much since I'm not really in the loop with Sellam's busy schedule however I did hear it may be looking like March before it's up (that's just the last thing I heard from someone else who asked him).

However our thought was certainly with the ebay price hikes he could get more going through his site although it used to be a free thing and he may need to take a percent to make it a profitable effort of his time.

Still, hopefully it will come back either way since vintage things are hard to track down.

- John

I would have NO issue using his marketplace.
I've been looking through it for years.

Never actually PURCHASED anything there, but because of circumstances.
(ie, item was already sold, chenged mind, etc...)

Speaking of vintage - I have something for you...
Looking though more boxes, I found another packet with Eliza, and WITH THE TAPES! It has L1 and LII basic tapes, plus the manual. Manual looks like the one I sent you with the M1.

Innerested?

T

Seems to me that CraigsList is the biggest alternative to eBay, and it's one I'll use now when I want to sell anything. Since eBay changed its feedback policies, I won't touch it. Too many scammer and unreasonable buyers (e.g., people wanting Nordstrom items and service for Dollar Store prices) for me to only be able to leave them + FB.

Thanks for the link..wanna try it whenever I have to sell anything...I too am a e-bay dealer...Whenever I have to buy or sell anything its the place I normally opt for ....Just last month I brought all the conferencing accessories from E bay. :D

Back