• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I dig valuable antiques outside

Arob

My real name is Rob Campbell, and I’m a country boy living and working in the city of Toronto. I grew up with a commodore 64 and I was pretty handy with commodore Basic. Now days I still have a C64, and I play my childhood friends in Aarchon and MULE (unicorn versus basilisk is the classic battle).

On weekends I like to dig up other old things in yard sales, flea markets and junky antique stores… and then I clean / restore them and photograph them and turn around and sell these same items for way more money than I paid on eBay. (I'm a great photographer - thats the secret and the descriptive text)

Over the past year I have been blogging my adventures. I dont like to boast but seeing as how this is an introductory thread and I probably will spend some time here... Officially I like to write that Dumpdiggers chronicles the adventures of two low-tech treasure hunters that recover historically valuable antiques and collectibles in forgotten heritage sites… or something like that.

dump_stash_4_hot.jpg

Here is a beautiful photograph of just one day’s spectacular haul in an amazing little town on the Trent River The Quest in Campbellford Ontario – conservatively speaking, this about $2K worth of treasure that was just waiting INSIDE THE TOWN to be found. My blog postulates that this history is waiting to be found in every town in North America.

Excuse me for being cynical, but this forum is for people interested in vintage computers. You first post has two sentences on your old computer, two links to your blog, and an advertisement for a movie. I suspect that the moderators will make a judgement call soon, delete it, and ask you to try again ...

And I'm the nasty too quick to shoot moderator ...

Happy digging. Might want to change the sig though, we generally frown upon advertisements like that.

I "fixed" the sig.

Welcome aboard. Please keep in mind that we're a vintage computer site. I don't mind a bit of wander, but too much can be a bad thing. . .

Welcome, and good luck with your antiques hunting, whether it is vintage computing or other items. Perhaps selling your findings can sponsor buying vintage computers? Many people may think the other way around, dump that old PC or home computer on the loft to finance buying another antique bowl.

Hehe, I run a home business to sponsor my other hobby of collecting old computers. It really works out, because my other hobby is repairing computers; and my business, Sutton Systems is based on three things: The repair, restore, and reselling of computers. Those old things you find could be valuable, and as was pointed out, could fund your other hobbies!

Welcome to the forums!

--Ryan

Thanks for kind words

Thanks for kind words

This is a nice forum

and busy.

You guys are real characters I can tell.

who needs a sig link anyways.

Back