• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Early IBM PC Software: DOS 1.1, CP/M-86 1.0, and Macro Assembler (Microsoft)

headtailgrep

I have the following very rare IBM PC collectables, as follows. I will be entertaining offers on the following:

a) A copy of IBM DOS 1.1, (c) 1982, original box and manual. Software is included, two disks, but is not the original disk and is a copy. Box is in great condition with some tape/glue on face from old sticker, but otherwise in great condition. Has "1.1" sticker on box. IBM Part number 6024001

b)IBM Macro Assembler by Microsoft, 1st edition, December 1981. IBM Part number 6024002. Excellent condition, disk is included but is a copy.

c) A piece of history.., "CP/M-86 Operating System" First Edition, March 1982. Also excellent condition, disk is included but is a copy. IBM Part number 6024035

All disks are AS IS and photos of box, manuals, etc can be provided upon request.

SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY and I WILL NOT let this go for a pittance.

Guys/Gals ..

Do not post publicly that you sent a PM! What purpose does that serve!

Good point, but I would hope that the newbies would make an effort and read the sticky topics ..

The whole point of the PM system was to be able to take things offline that are not of general interest and reduce the clutter on the forum. Messages saying 'I sent you a PM' are worse than what they replace.

I'm afraid the sticky topics are only being read when you kind find anything new on the forum for five days and get desperate..

I have the following very rare IBM PC collectables, as follows. I will be entertaining offers on the following:

a) A copy of IBM DOS 1.1, (c) 1982, original box and manual. Software is included, two disks, but is not the original disk and is a copy. Box is in great condition with some tape/glue on face from old sticker, but otherwise in great condition. Has "1.1" sticker on box. IBM Part number 6024001

b)IBM Macro Assembler by Microsoft, 1st edition, December 1981. IBM Part number 6024002. Excellent condition, disk is included but is a copy.

c) A piece of history.., "CP/M-86 Operating System" First Edition, March 1982. Also excellent condition, disk is included but is a copy. IBM Part number 6024035

All disks are AS IS and photos of box, manuals, etc can be provided upon request.

SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY and I WILL NOT let this go for a pittance.

I think proper etiquette here on V-CF, is to list your items, where you're from, and a price.

If you are looking for top dollar, your best bet will probably be fleaBay.

T

I think proper etiquette here on V-CF, is to list your items, where you're from, and a price.

If you are looking for top dollar, your best bet will probably be fleaBay.

T

Thanks, but determine value of these will be somewhat difficult due to rarity, and the fact few of these go on the marketplace (that I can search).

I am from Ontario, Canada.

Not really - DOS 1.x and CP/M-86 (and CCP/M-86) show up on eBay.
There's been a few CP/M-86 on eBay recently - with original disks, for $30-80.

T

Because some of the newbies don't know to check their PMs?

PM's???
007.gif

Just kidding. That's the first thing I check!

I found a unused 6.1 , with all the manuals.
but i'm keeping that for myself :p

how far from windows is that?
I think DOS version 8 was the last, right?

Last edited:
Hi all -- I am re-offering these (see first message of thread). If interested, send me a PM. Thanks.

Do not post publicly that you sent a PM! What purpose does that serve!

It's common etiquette at other sites I visit to establish who has "first dibs" on a particular item, and to let others know an item is already spoken for and which items are remaining. However, "PM sent" is rather vague in a posting with multiple sale items, and should read something more like "I'm interested in item X. PM sent."

DOH... this post is months old...

It's common etiquette at other sites I visit to establish who has "first dibs" on a particular item, and to let others know an item is already spoken for and which items are remaining. However, "PM sent" is rather vague in a posting with multiple sale items, and should read something more like "I'm interested in item X. PM sent."

DOH... this post is months old...

I agree - the pecking order needs to be established.

But not "DOH" - the post was reopened today.

Back