• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Lol, Aspergers Syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

atari2600a

Veteran Member
Explains...pretty much my entire first 6 months worth of...well, for the most part, pointless & straight-into-a-brick-wall posts. Also the urge to collect vintage computers & videogames. Um..........tada! ^_^

Explains...pretty much my entire first 6 months worth of...well, for the most part, pointless & straight-into-a-brick-wall posts. Also the urge to collect vintage computers & videogames. Um..........tada! ^_^

As it seems you are looking for confirmation from others now, I'm quite sure you don't have Asperger's syndrome..

We do!

I just meant that I like his posts, even the ones he is labeling as pointless :)

Fortunate young man

Fortunate young man

I have always found your posts informative and fun, and I am curious as to
what happened that all of a sudden your passion has to be blessed with
psuedo-psychological terminologies! Universities around the globe are filled
with passionate and enthusiastic dreamers that spend their lifetime studying and
collecting data on very narrow areas of science. Many of them would never be
acknowledged or famous for what they do, but they do it for the joy of it.

If every human behavior had to be associated with some form of psychological
order/disorder, then we had to turn the entire world into a giant psychiatric
ward.

As far as pointlessness is concerned, probably you have never been to
government offices in your neck of town to listen to typical conversations that
goes on in daily meetings... I am going to make this post very short, if you have a
healthy passion in life...then you are a very fortunate young man...

ziloo

There used to be a political forum? You monster! LOL, just kidding. Well, kinda. I like discussing politics--it makes me feel important. Hmm...I might be willing to say Asperger's Syndrome perfectly desribes me, if it wasn't under the "autism" category.

For now, I think I like "crazy" better.

--Ryan

Hmm, more of my earlier posts are more informal and useful than my latest dribble which seem to be stuck around me & my Vintage machine!

I feel it's more likely to contract a syndrome which makes you believe you have another virus which is why I'm against all this diseases and how they work crap which they talk about on the news, the likelihood of obtaining a fear of thinking you have a disease simply escalates and people have been known to die from that.

My brother has Asperger's, and that gives him an excuse to be the most annoying creature on the planet.
Me and several family members show strong signs of autism, but my parents decided not to have me tested after my brother got put on all special needs crap which he didn't need.

My best friend has ADD and we spend many fun afternoons together, him chasing bees around the room and me sat terrified in a corner because of the germs and the crooked floorboards ;)

I jest. I don't consider myself autistic without a diagnosis. Which I'm not going to get. Take that, Autism! I've beaten you at every turn!

I remember the political forum, shortly afterwards it imploded. I blame you, Atari! How could you?!

I feel it's more likely to contract a syndrome which makes you believe you have another virus which is why I'm against all this diseases and how they work crap which they talk about on the news, the likelihood of obtaining a fear of thinking you have a disease simply escalates and people have been known to die from that.

The tv show "Scrubs" had a funny comment regarding that. From what I remember (may be incorrecT) they were in the break room enjoying a quiet day but then the news announced some stupid pandemic or something and all of them sighed. JD (narrating) commented it wasn't because of the incident but because now everyone with any symptom is going to rush to the hospital thinking they have it and sure enough some mob of people rush in through the front door.

Given it was a comedy and I don't mean to hijack the thread but I hadn't thought of that before which surely does happen in real life.

There are a few others on this forum and another that have Aspergers but haven't spoken up (and no I'm not volunteering the info lol). So you're certainly not alone.

I apologize if I'm stepping on anyone's toes, but what would the world be like if we didn't have all those diagnoses, syndromes and so on? Many of you who get or expect to get a diagnosis appear to be mostly functional human beings, able to express yourselves in written language, think logically, follow an education etc. Back in the old days, would such people just be considered a bit of weirdos, or did their disease not show because they did all they could to keep the symptoms down? It is a bit like allergies, almost everyone should have one, even if it is hardly possible to observe.

I apologize if I'm stepping on anyone's toes, but what would the world be like if we didn't have all those diagnoses, syndromes and so on? Many of you who get or expect to get a diagnosis appear to be mostly functional human beings, able to express yourselves in written language, think logically, follow an education etc. Back in the old days, would such people just be considered a bit of weirdos, or did their disease not show because they did all they could to keep the symptoms down? It is a bit like allergies, almost everyone should have one, even if it is hardly possible to observe.

We'd find out that every human being is a bit different and unique.
It seems that not everyone can cope with that.

carlsson wrote:

Many of you who get or expect to get a diagnosis appear to be mostly functional human beings, able to express yourselves in written language, think logically, follow an education etc.

Which is why I let the chaos reign! 8-}

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/conditions/03/28/autism.essay/index.html

Link is a pretty good article on Asperger's. I keep telling my councilors that I am damn close to being an "Aspie" myself. In the above article, the person talks about "the Golden Ratio". I continue to be fascinated by this irrational number - whose value is (1 + Sqrt 5) / 2 or about 1.618. I even played around with numbers using that as the number base (like 2 for binary, 10 for decimal, etc.) Yes, you can use an irrational number as a base.

Hm. Not to play down or up this conversation but that article reads like a fortune teller, everyone feels that way here and there nothing unusual or wrong. Certainly makes me wonder what other normal conditions we're feeding people meds for. We've already diagnosed and subscribe pills for our horrible diagnosis of childhood (ADD/ADHD). I took several different things for tourettes until I decided I'm the one controlling the energy going to them, not the different drugs they put me on (some of which were for ceisures and other neurological disorders).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back