• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Newbie from Michigan

AntiqueSounds

Hello all,

I just tripped over this group while I was looking for alternatives to help give a bunch of my collection up for adoption. I thought about selling my stuff on eBay, but I would much rather get it directly into the people who really, really want this stuff. The eBayers are often just out to make a buck.

I really like this stuff. Anything I do not need, I want to find a good home for. This looks to be a good place to discuss and help fill others' collections. Perfect!

I was working in computers when all of this micro stuff hit. I could not afford an MITS Altair (et. al.) and ended up waiting for the first wave of "cheap" PC in the later 1970's, early 1980's. First was a Texas Instruments (original 99, not the 99/A), then a Commodore VIC, an Apple 512 Mac, then I started "collecting".

I look forward to posting a bunch of stuff for sale soon.

I am looking for a keypunch machine or punch tool for Hollerith cards. So perhaps if someone out there knows where I can get one (or for trade).

Welcome aboard!

I'm looking forward to your posts of both your for-sale items and your keeper collection! :)

Cheers!

Vlad said:
Nu Un! V xarj guvf jnf ebg guvegrra nf fbba nf V fnj vg.
AntiqueSounds said:
Vs lbh nfxrq Oehpr Fpuarvre gb qrpelcg guvf, ur'q pehfu lbhe fxhyy jvgu uvf ynhtu

You two are speaking greek to me, LOL.

Welcome to the forums! Adoptions, eh? Do we get to fax eachother the signed papers?

I love faxing on my vintage machines. So fun.

--Ryan

Hello all,
<snip>
I am looking for a keypunch machine or punch tool for Hollerith cards. So perhaps if someone out there knows where I can get one (or for trade).
-------
Well, I have a manual (printing) keypunch but at $100 + shipping from Toronto it's probably a little on the expensive side...

m

Welcome to the forums!

Nu Un! V xarj guvf jnf ebg guvegrra nf fbba nf V fnj vg.

Yes, ROT 13, I suppose. But really all I did was find this at the site I listed and then decode.

I just thought that this site was soooo funny! I was a crypto guy back in the early 1990's. Too many brain cells fried since then, though.
:confused3:

Back