• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Can I get the C64 game 'The Oubliette' for PC?

Arob

Okay vintage C64 gamers. Carlsson and the boys. Now i need you.

When I was a young man growing up on a farm near Peterboro Ontario I would race home from school and watch Hogan's Heroes reruns on CHEX television

drink hot choklate, watch Samantha Fox on Video Hits and play 'The Oubliette' on my C64.

This game was all about glory - there was no maiden to save or quest or anything that could denote 'the end' and consequently it became challenging to see how good and advanced you could get your characters... remember the game anyone?? Does anyone here remember how there was a town above ground called Ligne and below ground there was ten layers of dungeon which never changed and could be mapped and or memorized.

I still remember the monsters too, the hardest early monsters were berserkers because they could call their friends and you couldn't run away from them.

the hardest late game monsters were the dragons on the 7-10 layers

Anyway I was wondering if it was possible to get a copy of this game for the PC - with sound effects and mashed sprites and everything???

Anyone???

Um, yes. I thought that is what he wanted to do. I was intentionally fuzzy due to forum rules, but there really is "more" in the link above. As for getting a PC remake of an obscure game, it may be asking a bit too much. In particular as there are 13 per dozen of first person maze or shooter games on the PC.

Anyway I was wondering if it was possible to get a copy of this game for the PC - with sound effects and mashed sprites and everything???

A version did come out for PC:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/oubliette

...but the graphics and sound on C64 will be much better. So download a C64 emulator, and download the game in .DSK format, and you'll be exactly where you were 25 years ago.

When I was a young man growing up on a farm near Peterboro Ontario I would race home from school and watch Hogan's Heroes reruns on CHEX television

drink hot choklate, watch Samantha Fox on Video Hits and play 'The Oubliette' on my C64.
Welcome fellow Ontarion! :) I am originally from S. Ontario, near London.
mmmmm Sam Fox..
k050.gif

...but the graphics and sound on C64 will be much better. So download a C64 emulator, and download the game in .DSK format, and you'll be exactly where you were 25 years ago.

I think you mean .D64 format... :)

Cheers,

80sFreak

Back