• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Help finding a specific laptop

compaqxp

Experienced Member
I need a laptop with specific features for a project I'm doing.

*500MB Hard Drive + or -
*12MB RAM or more, no higher then 32MB
*Floppy drive, Non-removable
*Serial Port
*Parallel Port
*PS/2 Key board port. (Not a must have, but I would like it)
*10in. minimum screen 12in. Max
*No dock ports, special extension ports, No Mic-in port
*20MHZ minimum, 100MHZ maximum, AMD or Intel
*Must run MS-DOS or PC-DOS

I've been looking but can find something that will suit this, I know their is laptop and I probably haven't looked hard enough, but Any help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated. The laptop needs be fairly easy to get a hold of to. I'm not looking to buy one here just to find one that suits this.

And I'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

...dozens of 486/P1 laptops

So far I haven't been able to find one of the dozens that suits what I need.

...why such specific specs?

A programming project I'm doing, that I don't want to/can't do on something newer. And because for it to work like I plan, I need the specs I've listed.

OK; if you're going to be that fussy then you probably will have a problem since pretty well every laptop is going to have *one* thing that you won't allow, whether it's an expansion port, keyboard, 800MB HD, whatever.

Good luck!

m

special extension ports
Just to clarify that, I don't mean things like PCMCIA Cards, I mean things like ports that allow you to attach things like external CD/Floppy drives.

whether it's an expansion port, keyboard, 800MB HD, whatever.
Like I put 500MB plus or minus. anything more then 500 is good but 500 is all I need. And I could bend and allow a Mic-in port. I'll go hunting on eBay today, again.

I need a laptop with specific features for a project I'm doing.

*500MB Hard Drive + or -
*12MB RAM or more, no higher then 32MB
*Floppy drive, Non-removable
*Serial Port
*Parallel Port
*PS/2 Key board port. (Not a must have, but I would like it)
*10in. minimum screen 12in. Max
*No dock ports, special extension ports, No Mic-in port
*20MHZ minimum, 100MHZ maximum, AMD or Intel
*Must run MS-DOS or PC-DOS

Please explain why these are specific requirements, especially the memory, speed, and monitor size limits. I don't think you really want a laptop with those exact specifications (because you will have a very hard time finding one that meets all of them).

If you can describe what you're trying to do, we can help you come up with a common and cheap solution that will meet your needs.

He's right, we're nice like that. But off the top of my head, Toshiba Satellite 110CS-- oops, nevermind, has a dock port.

So, what's your project?

Nathan

Please explain why these are specific requirements, especially the memory, speed, and monitor size limits. I don't think you really want a laptop with those exact specifications (because you will have a very hard time finding one that meets all of them).

If you can describe what you're trying to do, we can help you come up with a common and cheap solution that will meet your needs.

There's always the Compaq Contura 4/25, there are nearly no options on it.Then you can tape up what you don't need. And 500mb drives are really cheap.

Nathan

I have a compaq presario 1075 with a 150mhz p1, 48mb ram, 1.5gb hd, the battery is bad (about 10 mins,) but the charger is good.
But it has all the ports on it, and windows 95.

Back