• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Weird find

Dore

A buddy of mine gave me an old comp that was sitting in his dorm room (apparently in the back of a closet for YEARS). On the top of the case, it says GIGI Digital. It has a very weird (and looks to be proprietary) three cable monitor output scheme, uses a standard modern power plug, and has no built in disk drives or anything. The weird thing is it has a port labeled "Hard Copy", which is a serial port and I'm assuming for a printer. Anybody know what this is? Google found squat, and since I can't plug it in and test it, I dunno. Thanks in advance!

The three plug scheme may be red, blue, green, and two missing may be luma and chroma but the monitor may take care of that.

When you say modem power plug, do you mean the standard three-prong computer plug?

So it may be a terminal that can hook to any rgb monitor with an adapter cable (or the monitor may be proprietary).

What are the rest of the ports on the machine? You got me interested! And pictures would be nice, too, if possible.

Nathan

never even seen one of those before, and I was going stictly by the description of Dore's. Nice score! That's the kind of thing I would bend over backwards for if it were local! Looks a lot like that teletype I got rid of a while back (to another collector). It was just too big, and couldn't keep it.

Sweet GIGI!

Nathan

Yep, that's it. I gotta go through those pdf manuals once I get home from the convention today.

Wish it wasn't missing keys. I REALLY hate for my computers to be missing keys.

What, seriously? Even with the missing keys? Damn! I might just hafta put this one up on ebay. I already have an IBM clone anyway.

Back