• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

C+4 MAVERIC Cartridge.

steveuk

Experienced Member
C+4 MAVERIC Cartridge.. FROM DAVE HELM. (A Well know computer collector programmer) He made me this cartridge many years ago for my old Trusty C+4, ive just found it. It for sale, will add to my Ebay unless someone is intrested it it here.

Last edited:
Isn't Maverick a very comprehensive floppy disk copier, at least on the C64? If so, I suppose this would be a Plus/4 version of the same software to let you make copies of most protected programs.

i belive it was some kinda of copier, justhat Dave Helm made his own verion.
He burned it onto eprom and stuck into a Plus 4 cartridge,which i sent him, he took out the chip that was already inside the case and place it with the one he made.. here what i found on the Maverick.

Maverick was a follow-up to Renegade, and included a versatile Parameter Copier for dealing with copy protection.

But it was much more than that - disk editor, file viewer, GCR editor, disk menu creator, RAM/REU tester... Look for V5 which has the most "stuff".
So it may be the same as this, it may not be, one other peson had one sent to him, which was Peter Hanson a Keen Plus 4 user known as the Plus+4 king.

Peter i knew well we was alway on the phone to each otherwe even meett a couple of times, he was a good friend but an idiot sometime.lol we also met Robert Bernardo, a CBM collector from ThE USA, he runs a CBM club monthly in the states.. http://videocam.net.au/fcug/ this is his site,, coz i lost contact with rob a few years ago i tried calling him this morning around 2:30am, as it was around 8:15pm in the states, but i had no answer, i would of asked him for peters number so i could ask phim more info on the maverick cartridge.

So just to let you know Maverick was never realy release on the Plus 4, only a couple Beta Test Carts was made by Dave helm, and me myself and peter hanson was the only ones to get them that i know... So these are going to be the rarest Carts for the C+4,and gota be worth somethink.

coz thewre was no way putting the cartridge name on the cartridge i just wrote it on some paper and stuck it on.lol here an image of it.
mavrickme6.jpg

so any intrest herefor the C+4 maverick Cart make me an offer befor i put on Ebay. it must be worth somethink like i said as thiswas never release to the international public that i know of it Dave Helm own project that he only gave to 2-3 people. To be honest i never realy used it i just got it to add to my collection of commodore stuff.lol i sold the C+4 ages ago i just kepted the more inportant stuff, and stuff that maybe collectorable in the future.

Oh i asked Rob Bernardo in an email if he could find out how much a new OS/chip would be for my CMD 40-meg Hard Drive i wait his return email will let ya know if i hear anythink, so i wont advertis the CMD Drive just yet.

Steve

Last edited:
I'm interrested. But I don't know what a fair offer would be...

// Z

nor do i, it like i say only a couple was ever made by DAve Helm, so it's kinda hard to get, unless ya contacted him, but how to contact him now i dont know and not even sure if he's still on the commodore scene.
It's like buying a limited edition of an item. All yaneed to do is tear off the paper and remake your own lable for it.I must admit, i cant test it out to see if it is working anymore,as i dont have a C+4 no more.

just make me an offer i can only say yes or no,???

buy my Eprom burner then ya could make copies and resell it,, make some cash..lol Just Joking..

oh another thing Dave made was a C64-Vic20 Emulator, i have the Eprom here but never had a cartridge to put it in...What it does is the C64 emulates the Vic20

Steve

Last edited:
NTSC or PAL?
I think it maybe NTSC. but dont take my word on it, Dave Helm made it, and he lived in ALASKA, i hear he dont do 8-bit stuff anymore.

I had 3 Plus 4,s 2 PAL and one i converted to NTSC,and it worked fine on both as i remeber...But i only tested it the onceon the machnes as i was more of a C64 freak, the Plus 4s was just to add to my commodore collection... ive just found a few dozen Plus 4 tape games, and some software of 3.5 floppy disks. will try list them sometime.

Steve

This item has now been sold and is no longer avalible,:D Sold to billdeg Thanks mate, hope it arrives all well and save, will send tomorrow.
Steve. ;)

In general looking for NTSC for Plus 4

In general looking for NTSC for Plus 4

Thanks Steve.

While we're on the subject, I am always looking for NTSC games, util. and weird programs, anything for the plus/4. D64 format is OK. It seems like all of the good stuff is in PAL format.

Of all the CBM systems, the Plus/4 has the least software.

bd

Less than the CBM-II series?! I'd have thought the C128 didn't have a much more versatile software library than the Plus/4, but perhaps it is comparing apples with oranges as the C128 had some productivity software and the Plus/4 more of the gaming variety.

Library of NTSC Plus/4 software anyone?

Library of NTSC Plus/4 software anyone?

Good question but no, there is much less NTSC software for the PLus 4 than the CBM-II line. At least as far as I know. All of the PLus/4 sites I have visited feature PAL titles. I have done a lot of research three or four years ago and pretty much gave up. I found a lot, but it was mostly PAL. The Plus/4 was a huge bomb in the USA, seems to have been more popular in Europe which explains the PAL vs NTSC ratio. There were few prominent titles sold in the shops.

I do have a small library of Plus/4 titles in the Commodore section of my site from years ago. Most of it is not compatible with thet NTSC. I have a Plus/4 User group disk someplace.

Anyone here have a library of NTSC Plus/4 software?
I should add that I am not talking about little 4K cassette games that are also compatible with the C-16. I am referring to full-blown games, utilities, assemblers, database, accounting, etc.

Bill

BillDeg,
Do you know a person called Peter Hanson, he known as the Amigaking or the Plus4King, i mentioned your name to him today and he said it rings a bell, and he's sure that he know you from somewhere.

Steve

Back