• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Toshiba T1600/40 CMOS

I tried disconnecting the two batteries. I tried using the power supply only- no luck. I also tried the batteries with the power supply- no luck. I think the power supply is good. Is there a diagram of the layout?

When my DC light started flashing, the power supply wasn't giving enough, do you have a volt meter you can test it with?

I am not aware of any diagrams, but that doesn't mean anything. :)

Is it 18v 1.1 Amp?

Is that the specified power requirement?(on the bottom of the system) I bought my T1910 at a thrift shop with no PSU, I was able to use a 12 volt for a while but after awhile it refused to start, so I got the original 18v one, problem solved. Is this your problem? I'll keep an eye out for the 18v one if so.

My uncle has a multimeter, I'll ask him if I could borrow it.

Power Supply
output: 12V 2.5Amps

i lost the PSU for a toshiba laptop i have, and ended up rigging it to the 12v rail on an old AT PSU. you could try that and see if it turns on. if it does, a new power supply will fix the problem.

Maybe I'll check out Radioshack sometime this week to see if I can find parts to build a power supply. If they don't have it, then I'll borrow my uncle's MCM catalog. I'll keep you guys posted.

Back