• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

A truckload of vintage computer equipment on ebay

Wow, I'd love to win that stuff. Sadly, Ontario is far from KY...Plus I have no pickup truck to fetch it with.

OK fellas, looks like I may have convinced someone in to giving me a ride there for the stuff. I'm waiting for his final confirmation before I bid. I HOPE me and my exact $25 win the auction. I plan on selling a good amount of stuff back to the market, to offset my losses with even higher gains. I've got to pay back gas, of course, which I will detail in a contract I intend to type on my Royal KMM--Circa the 1940s.

Wish me luck!

--Jack

wmmullaney said:
Post your surplus here before ebay, please!

Oh yes, I most certainly will. eBay is definately the last resort for selling this stuff if I manage to snag it. I think a large Suburban should hold it all, some on top--Any comments on whether or not you all think it will?

--Jack

It's great that you're trying to get the haul :) I live on the other side of the planet, so I have no chance whatsoever in getting it.

I thought that it was too good for the vintage-computer.com forum members to miss , that's why I posted the link here :)

By the way, if you get it, would it be possible to buy an XT (or a AT) off the haul from you ?

OH. MY. GOD.

Wow that is one nice lot of vintage goodness there. Especially with seeing a TRS-80 Model III, a Commodore 128D (in box, even!), all those IBM "clicky" keyboards....

Jack, I hope you manage to snag that for the $25 -- so far, no bidders, so that's at least a little bit encouraging ....!!

Druid--Lets wait and see if I manage to snag it...If I can't bid as high as someone else, I fully support your friend getting it...but lets see if I can't first :)

Quantum II-- I'm pretty well obligated to sell ya something cheap from the load. If I get it, it'll be your kudos!

Gaah, I can't wait! I could really use an IBM 5153...An IBM AT...and an IBM XT... Maybe an IBM Expansion box will be in the mix?

--Jack

Druid--Lets wait and see if I manage to snag it...If I can't bid as high as someone else, I fully support your friend getting it...but lets see if I can't first :)

Quantum II-- I'm pretty well obligated to sell ya something cheap from the load. If I get it, it'll be your kudos!

Gaah, I can't wait! I could really use an IBM 5153...An IBM AT...and an IBM XT... Maybe an IBM Expansion box will be in the mix?

--Jack

Aww too bad he doesn't ship oversea.

BTW, I recently paid almost 40$ for getting a IBM binder of "DOS TechRef 2.1, 3.0 and 3.1" ( http://cgi.ebay.com/DOS-Technical-R...ryZ74946QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ) shipped from the US :p .

Back