• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Mad collector...

Stevebasset

Hi,
Just found this site via the good ole Google.
What do I collect? I have:

Computers:
Apple ][ Europlus with stacks of extras OS/USCD/Games monitor etc,etc
Apple 2e
Apple 2Gs x 2
Apple 2c
Mac 512k
HP 1000
HP 9000 D-Class
IBM AS/400
Mostek (Some strange 1979 contraption).
SUN 450 Enterprise (Getting collectible?)
Other odd machines consisting of 8051 CPUs
Amstrad Penpad.
Old windows 95 pen computer
Old 486 based laptops (mainly Toshiba)

And a lot of networking equipment.

Calculators:
TI-51
TI-57
TI-59 x 2 including printers
Sinclair Enterprise programmable
Psion XP organiser
Over 100 TouchPC's

Other:
Nokia 9000
Nokia 9110
Nokia 9210
Ericsson Wordphone (touchscreen) - Shame Ericsson did not update this
Invica mastermind
1977 TV Teletennis
Some old arcade motherboards mainly Jamma
Z80 - Cpu exorciser and tester
Various bits of test equipment including serial/logic analysers.
Stacks of audio/Video test including teletext tester

2 full sheds and a very full loft.

I will add to this list as it will take ages.

Hello Stevebasset (mad collector)

Hello Stevebasset (mad collector)

Nice collection you have there - 'plus two sheds and a loft'.
Do you have pictures of some, or all of your collection?
Always good to actually 'see' what others are collecting :)

Welcome!

Yeah, as with the others I read it and meant to comment on what sounds like a pretty impressive collection.

I have so much stuff here it is getting daft.

All the way from a RCA1802 processor to complete computers and lots and lots of old motherboards and vintage electronic hardware as well as other stange stuff.
I am not kidding about the sheds. I cannot get in one of them as its crammed all the way to the door, even the loft is groaning under the strain of my most prised items (Mainly Apple and TI calculators).

I will have a go in the next few days of taking some pictures but most of the stuff is boxed for long term storage

I even come across an old Casio Pocket Computer I totally forgot about a week or so back.

So is this stuff you've actively pursued and purchased? Or more things that have accumilated over time?

Just curious with larger collections. I know mine is still actively growing though I'm out of practical room so the rate has certainly slowed down to specific systems.

- John

Umm, I suppose it has just built up over time, I like dabbling with electronics in general and to be honest I cannot see an old computer get stripped. Although I did have "a run" on collecting TI calculators mainly form the USA.

Trouble is it can become a bit mad - Now and again I will sell stuff like duplicates but keep the best of. I did have a load of BBC Micros from a local school but they just did not appeal to me so I sold them (about 5).

Somethings you just seem to come accross. At a local auction a few years back I purcased an old DEC Microvax with all the documentation and about 10 terminals + cables/books etc, etc for £5 !

I had to sell it a little while back as I had no space, wish I had kept it now as we moved and I would have found somewhere for it.

Biggest thing I regret? Chucking a Jupiter Ace that I purchased from new back in the 80's because I found it to be such a dreadful machine - Would have kept it now.

Oh, I also have an old Amiga - Just remembered.

Back