• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

More goodies acquired yesterday

willowmoon93

Experienced Member
Found quite a few things yesterday while hitting the thrifts, especially Sierra games and all of them were found at different stores, oddly enough. All of the games are complete in box, either with 3 1/2" disks or 5 1/4" floppies.

Conquered Kingdoms (PC) $1.91
Space Quest I (286) $2.00
Space Quest Trilogy (286) $1.00
The Colonel's Bequest (286) $1.91
King's Quest IV (286) $1.91
Their Finest Hour (PC) $2.00
Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe (286) $2.00

Then I got a good deal on a local craigslist posting for Apple II gear. All of the below items are complete in box as well.

Apple IIc
Monitor IIc
Disk IIc
Scribe Printer
Monitor IIc stand
The Black Cauldron (yessssss!)
Karateka
AD & D Pool of Radiance
Who Framed Roger Rabbit

There were also some additional books as well. All of it for $50 -- YAY!!!!

Apple IIcs seem like interesting machines. There was one on our local listings recently but it was bundled in with a whole lot of other apple gear I didn't want.

Anyway, let's see some pics!

Tez

Pics here as requested!

Here is that Apple IIc in box ...

P1010015.jpg

The other peripherals in box ...

P1010014.jpg

... and these were the games that were complete in box also ...

P1010016.jpg

Pics here as requested!

Here is that Apple IIc in box ...

I see. And you get a woman with it!. :)

There is an apple IIC on our auction site at the moment. I'm tempted, but the space issue has now become critical. I can only squeeze in a Pet, Kaypro and TRS-80 III/IV but no more, so I'll be letting it pass.

You seem to have acquired a few things recently. Any problems with finding room to store them all?

Tez

I see. And you get a woman with it!. :)

There is an apple IIC on our auction site at the moment. I'm tempted, but the space issue has now become critical. I can only squeeze in a Pet, Kaypro and TRS-80 III/IV but no more, so I'll be letting it pass.

You seem to have acquired a few things recently. Any problems with finding room to store them all?

Tez

Actually the box for the IIc is what is actually pretty big, compared to the size of the computer itself. If it was without the box, it wouldn't take up nearly as much room. But yeah I'm definitely running out of storage space. The loft is literally packed floor to ceiling probably about 7-8 boxes in height I'd say. I will probably be renting some additional space somewhere for storage but it will have to be climate controlled, without question. Once the lease is up in July, I think I'll be looking at renting a house. A two-bedroom townhouse just doesn't cut it anymore with all of this stuff.

Yes, Annette (my wife) doesn't often venture into my computer room above the garage. Of course it's been gradually filling up with gear, and there's barely enough room for me to squeeze into the space around the workbench now.

She came up there yesterday and her jaw dropped open with amazement with just how much stuff there is now. She looked at the gear, looked at me with an incredulous look, shook her head, gave me the cup of tea she had made for me, then walked out without saying anything. The look of her face said it all though..hehehe

Why is it women just don't "get it" when it comes to computers :)

Tez

Well I'm sure the ladies in our lives wish we had hobbies that were of smaller items, like stamp or coin collecting. It's fun being able to acquire some of the machines we never got a chance to own back when we were younger, mainly due to the expense. Now we are given an opportunity to be able to repair, program, & play games on some of these computers -- for the most part, at a substantially lower price than when they were first introduced. Emulators are fine, but they don't quite exactly replicate the feel of things like the original keyboards for example.

Now that I think about it, I don't there are any active female posters on the forums here. Must be a "guy" thing.

Back