• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking far an IMSAI computer

monahan_z

Experienced Member
I am looking for a IMSAI computer box. Just need box with power supply and front pannel. No need for other S100 cards. Does anybody know or have one for sale?

Check eBay - there's a seller (riatla I think) listing ...

oh - never mind, you said Imsai - if an Altair interests you, eBay user 'riatla' has listed a few Altair 680 chassis' for around $200 buy-it-now, if I'm remembering correctly. Not S-100, though, but mebbe it'll do?

Even an empty Imsai 8080 chassis will run probably over $4-500.

T

I'm not sure everyone knows the meaning of Caveat Emptor, so I'll clarify. The imsai.net is probably a dead end! If you send money there before seeing any goods, you will likely not see your money again!

What kind of problems did you guys have with imsai.net? I've never bought anything from him, but I've talked to Tom on the phone and via email, and he seems like an honest guy. His web page has been up for years.
I'm not sure everyone knows the meaning of Caveat Emptor, so I'll clarify. The imsai.net is probably a dead end! If you send money there before seeing any goods, you will likely not see your money again!

What kind of problems did you guys have with imsai.net? I've never bought anything from him, but I've talked to Tom on the phone and via email, and he seems like an honest guy. His web page has been up for years.

You're kidding, right?

<sigh>

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.cpm/browse_thread/thread/cc687393d9af8e62/bcf74db4db47778d?lnk=gst&q=fischer#bcf74db4db47778d

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.cpm/browse_thread/thread/cd6a4e073bf352a7/df39a5b3b2833299?lnk=gst&q=fischer#df39a5b3b2833299

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.cpm/browse_thread/thread/b3ce2a48814179ad/a4e7dec48c07c3b9#a4e7dec48c07c3b9

Pay CLOSE ATTENTION to the dates, as these messages are from nearly a YEAR GO, where he had ALREADY SAT on people's money for 12, 18, even 24 months.

Still think he's an "honest guy"? We're not talking one person - he owes a few - we're talking quite a few grand here.

Reminds me of the Stephen Disney fiasco, for those of you that are on the Tandy Color Computer mailing list.....

You're better off going to Grant Stockly and getting an Altair clone, or fighting it out on eBay.
imsai.net was going to charge you vintage $$ for a not-vintage machine anyway.

Grant will hook you up straight, not screw you over, and will take care of you before and after.
And btw, I have not DEALT with Grant, have no investment with him, but I have seen on numerous occasions
all he has done for his customers. Believe me, if I had the $$, i woulda' gotten a kit from Grant.
Outta my budget, but you can tell he is a perfectionist dang near to a fault ;)
His attention to detail is OUTSTANDING, as evidenced by the products he has delivered.

Mr Fischer hasn't delivered anything but empty promises, stalling, BS, and smoke up the wazoo.

Which brings us back full circle:
Caveat Emptor - Let the buyer beware
eBay puts this all over their site - and for good reason!

T

Last edited:
Too bad about imsai.net. I was unaware of those financial shenanigans. Other than ebay, I can't think of any other source for IMSAI parts.

Grant could supply an Altair enclosure, but it's not at all like IMSAI's case, which is what the original question was about. I presumed that Monahan wanted just the case because he already had the innards. If that's true, buying an Altair won't solve his problem. Keep hitting the flea markets and garage sales, I guess.

Back