• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hey all

NeXT

Veteran Member
You are going to love me. :rolleyes:
Aside from owning a bit of NeXT Gear (with a good sum of documentation and info regarding the Daydream ROM box) I have a little of everything from a Commodore VIC 20 to the beast that sits under my desk, my Silicon Graphics Onyx with Reality Engine2 graphics.
There is enough stuff in my room to make your head spin...
P8152043.jpg

... and there is still two more rooms in the house packed with stuff ranging from computers to software to random bits of hardware.
Boy, I'm going to like it here.

EDIT:
Just in case you want to know what I got, I keep a list of my systems here.

Last edited:
Dude - I SO want an Onyx2!
IR2 if I can get it (was the Onyx2 the one with the IR2 option?)

<sigh>

Mebbe one day...

T

Go check Nekochan.net. I visit their forums often (the name is Pentium) and every so often an Onyx2 (or bigger) sometimes pops up in the marketplace (as does the occasional non-SGI gear).

EDIT: Actually if you live near Paris You can get one.

With all that stuff in your room I can see why you have a great big red button in the middle of it all. Is that the E-stop, or a fire alarm!

Tell me about it, you could run yourself into bankruptcy just by turning on your computer.

My parents forced me to install a meter on my circuit. That way I have no choice but to pay for every cent of power I use.
It explains why I never have much money.

lol. I dig the collection. So do you have your Onyx hooked up? What type of power supplies do you have in yours? (I have one but I can't tell if it's 220 or 120, it just has the plug for a 20A circuit I think). I've told others before, it's the plug that sorta looks like -_-

Either way, welcome to the forum and thanks for the great pic! We need to start a thread on everyones workroom.

I have the 120V version which is a plus because when I had to wire in a new 20A circuit it didn't have to be a 220V circuit so both my Onyx and Crimson share the same circuit (though not at the same time).

Back