• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

A truckload of vintage computer equipment on ebay

Wow, as I am unloading this stuff, I am finally seeing what I really have. I didn't look at it all as I loaded it, I just stuck it in. Well, there is some really cool software and books here. For starters, there is a programming book written in 1969 for the PDP-8 family of computers. I took a glance at it, looks neat. Also, there are a few flight simulators. Microsoft Flight Simulator 5.1 on 3.5" 1.44MB disks, unopened is the one that stuck out. $39.96 at Wal*mart back in it's day. Another is Microsoft Space Simulator. No box, but has the manual and all 3 disks, which are still sealed. Furthermore, Super Huey III was in the bundle, as a matter of fact there are 2 of them, both unopened.

Loads and loads and loads of Commodore stuff and disks, including tape drives, disk drives, 2 monitors (Commodore 1702--BEST color I've ever seen on a TV, even has fantastic sound...clearer than my newer 2003 Emerson) and other cool items. A parallel port enclosure I found looks intresting. In box, with disks, it hooks to the parallel port of a PC to add an IDE HDD, floppy drive, or a zip drive. The kit I got is for an HDD only.

I've only done power on testing for stuff so far, except one XT and one color monitor. The XT works great, as does the monitor. So I know for sure I got ONE computer that works, lol.

BTW, most of the IBM stuff the guy says was from a Catholic School typing class that upgraded it's computers in the early 90s sometime. No one bought them at the sale held in a gym, so he got them all for free.

--Jack
Pics to come when I find my camera!

That's one of the joys of bringing home a big haul like that...sometimes it takes awhile to uncover all the nice surprizes.
BTW, I know where both of my cameras are for a change. Now if I could just find that ever-elusive USB cable...

--T

Yeah, one joy about this load is that none of it has rats--just about every IBM PC XT and AT has rat poison all up and down 'em!

With all of it spilling over my floor, my room will be mouse free pretty soon! Yayy!

--Jack

Thay are pretty "rough" some of it is piss yellow.. holes in the AT's and missing tags ect!

Good luck with that load....

Behold! I've found my camera and come with pictures.

Once I get more crap unloaded, I'll get to showcase the bazillion IBM monitors, too...Or perhaps I will go rearrange the Suburban...I like that idea better.

Obviously this stuff needs cleaned. I hope to get those keyboards and PCs looking like new.

Pics: http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/UniversalRiot/KY load

--Jack

Yes, it will certainly take some love and care to get these back to good condition. That's OK though, to me it's a dream load. I get to learn more about the ATs and XTs as I troubleshoot this and that problems, but thats OK.

All but one of the 5.25 disk drives look to be factory color. As for the blanking plates, I'll just pull those out and add in drives. Will need all the luck I can get, though.

Really, the treasures are all in the software and hardware here, the PCs will need alot of attention, though.

--Jack

I believe only one has an upgrade board in it. As soon as I am done poking around this XT I'll check them all for sure. The one I know has an upgrade is clearly labeled. It is the one without the IBM tag on it, and has it's specs written on tape placed on the front.

--Jack

Oh boy this is exciting. The IBM XT I've got has the original internals. IBM drive matches the IBM controller board. I hope all the others are like this, too.

Eric, I've confirmed my suspicions. All but one AT have 512K IBM boards. I will now begin testing these ATs.

--Jack

That memory board looks exactly like the ones used in the Zenith Z-248 AT desktops the military used to buy. I used to have a Z-248 in an office I worked in that had 2 or 3 of them installed in it.

Back