• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Up in the attic...Apple IIc's and Classic's, advice needed.

Byteback

Hope you can help.

Over the years I've been hoarding my dad's computers from yesteryear and its time I sort out some info on them.

I have 3 Apple IIc's in various conditions, I may even have a monitor for one as well. There are also IIc disk drives, a complete set of Apple II manuals most of which are in there original packaging.

Also, I have an apple classic and a classic II both in working condition complete with all installation disks, software packages and hypercards stuff.

It is time to sell this stuff, and like another thread earlier I think is ebay is the only way forward.

Any advice will be useful

Ta

As much as most of us dislike feebay for raising the prices on stuff or getting it out of the hands of proper collectors, you are right. We have a nice free auction site here also but it won't get nearly as much foot traffic, though it will likely keep it in the hands of a nicer home.

So the trick to getting what it's worth is showing pictures of it working, and bundling it with a common or desirable application/game. Those are some usually easy ways to increase the value of an auction.. then of course be honest, don't test it and sell it untested because it's bad.

If you want to learn a little more about the systems you could even try to fix them since you have a few and then you're up to where you could even (taboo to me and some others) part it out and sell the parts minus the bad component.

Good luck!
- John

Apple //c

Apple //c

Hey Byteback,

I can't offer any advice, but I am looking for a working Apple //c, with power supply and 5 1/4 floppy drive.

Hi Nikki

Sorry, they are e's rather than c's, so sorry to disappoint.

I am putting the manuals on fleabay and selling the machines off at a later date. They do work but the keyboards seem stuck so I'll be selling them off for spares.

Thanks.

IIe's sell for $15-$30 on ebay these days. Probably not worth dealing with.

The 'platinum' IIe go for a little more but, not much. Like $10 more maybe. The II+ seems to be the cutoff for being considered collectible at this point. Not sure what it will take for the IIe's to be considered collectible. There are just a million of them of them out there. They may never be.

IIe

IIe

Actually, the IIe enjoyed a brief Renaissance about a year ago; people were paying up to $175 for complete IIe systems. I paid $75 when the market crashed. They're worth even more if they also include software.

Apple iie

Apple iie

Actually, the IIe enjoyed a brief Renaissance about a year ago; people were paying up to $175 for complete IIe systems. I paid $75 when the market crashed. They're worth even more if they also include software.

They are worth more in fabulous condition :D

I meant the cpu alone or with a drive or two. A complete system can fetch over $100 if it has lots of original software and a accessory or two. Manuals help as well.

Of course, the thing is that you would probably make more on ebay selling all the parts individually then as a package. That is if you don't mind dealing with shipping 10 packages instead of one or two. Nothing like standing in line in the post office for 20 min. to ship something you just sold for $3.95 .

If you're interested, let us know if you end up posting anything over there. You may get more by bundling it all up as you indicated vs selling just the manuals and then just systems. But as any auction the folks looking can vary things quite a bit too. Good luck either way!

Back